If you won a million $ lottery, what would you buy for yourself?

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by country lady, Feb 26, 2011.

1. country lady

country lady Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 8, 2008
    NW Tennessee
    After family and charity, how would you change your lifestyle? For me, I would still live modestly but I would love a small Arts & Crafts or Victorian house with beautiful woodwork. I would also love a greenhouse--Victorian--but I bet I would not spend the bucks. A good quality stainless steel set of pots/pans and chef-grade knives would pretty much round out my "wants" since clothes, jewelry, sport cars, etc. don't interest me. I would still live in the country with a garden, chickens, Nubian goat and a quilting room! How would you live differently?

2. feather and mountain man

feather and mountain man Corn fed Indiana farmgirl

Jan 17, 2010
    I would build a log cabin and a new barn. Plus I would buy a new dodge ram with all the bells and wistles. THen invest the rest for our future and live off of the interest. I'm not a bid spender but I would also have to buy animals to fill the barn! I would also see if the neighbors would sell me the feild next to the house? I will never win a million cause I don't enter any lotteries or contest. [​IMG]

3. txhomegrown

txhomegrown Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 18, 2010
    Como, TX
    I hope I wouldn't change too much. One thing I would do for darn sure is to hire someone to do all the heavy work around here.
    Other than that, I would get more animals and plant a bigger garden.

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 26, 2011
  4. redstars

redstars Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 15, 2009
    south dartmouth ma
    I would open a top notch feed store.

5. True Grit

True Grit Chillin' With My Peeps

I'd get some professional landscaping and outdoor lighting help and go visit some gameparks in Africa.

6. MyKidLuvsGreenEgz

MyKidLuvsGreenEgz Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 11, 2011
    Colorado Plains
    Definitely... after family and charity... buy a better piece of property, solar and wind power, well, wonderful barn, top-notch chicken coops and goat pens, piano, decent vehicle(s), adopt a bunch of kids, couple of greenhouses, excellent raised beds, nut/fruit trees and bushes, and lots more!

7. rebelcowboysnb

rebelcowboysnb Confederate Money Farm

$1 million?

Got my eye on a piece of commercial property for a half million that I would get an build a internet cafe/game room/teen center.

If I had anything left I would sink it in to my farm.

8. KristyHall

KristyHall Overrun With Chickens

Jan 27, 2011
    North Alabama
    I would pay my bills, donate to charity, buy a plot of land and a small house for my sister, put improvements in my property such as fencing and a new barn, and open a nice little farm theme bed and breakfast

9. onecent

onecent Chillin' With My Peeps

I would buy a Victorian house in the country, have it renovated, i would have the nicest chicken coop around [​IMG] , i would have my 79 linc completely restored(ground up restoration) sentimental value on that car, and i would get a 59 caddy, i really like those! and put a little $$ in the bank to live off of, i guess thats about it, cuz thats probably what i have left after helping everybody else [​IMG].....OHHHH & get some more chickens!!!! [​IMG] [​IMG]

10. country lady

country lady Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 8, 2008
    NW Tennessee
    Okay, Rebelcowboysnb, just for you make it $2M--you're an entrepreneur and would make jobs.

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 26, 2011

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by