Ignorant Yankee / country music (update Page 13)

Buff Hooligans, If your ever in southwest Ga. stop by for a visit and I'll take you to a couple of places to go see the two step (might even entice you to square dance). Actually its more fun to sit and watch all the drunks try to dance! And thanks to Allchookup I have Chattahoochee stuck in my head! Would believe I live in Chattahoochee County and I live 15min from the Chattahoochee River!

HennysMom wrote:
If you've seen the movie "Hope Floats" with Sandra Bullock - you'll see a version of the Two Step there, and a very good version how it really is done.

That is a good example. I always thought the penultimate example is John Travolta and Debra Winger two-stepping at Gilley's in "Urban Cowboy". That's actually how we do it - I as the lead, dance backwards, allowing DW to dance forward - It's easier for her.

Here's wishing for the unexpected change to learn how to two-step, Buff.

It's way easier than you think. If I can be good at it (being raised rural Catholic), anyone can. The problem most everyone has with any kind of dancing is that they over-think it. Just go with it, and let your body lead you, not your mind.

.​

Start by not wearing white knee socks with sandals and shorts . That is always a true sign of a " yankee " in Georgia and then make sure you use sun block when you go to the beach so you don't end up looking like a : Maine lobster" HAHAHAHA

P.S. I don't want to offend anyone. It is all in good clean fun.

Last edited:
th.gif

Quote:
OF COURSE I wouldn't wear white knee socks! That would be disgusting. My tweed ones are so much cuter.

Last edited:
Got it! The song I heard on the radio was Tim McGraw's "Goodbye My Old Friend".

Two-step, right?

The beat really is similar to Bruce's song:

Buff - That's a two-stepper alright, albeit a fast one.

So jbowyer01, you're 'way down yonder on the Chattahoocie, eh?
How hot does it get there?
wink.png

Back
Top Bottom