I'll be gone for a week to Iowa

Doesn't matter. Y'all are going to have a great time, presentation(s) will go perfectly!
thumbsup.gif

Quote:
awwww you're no fun
big_smile.png

Not at 4 am, I'm not!
hmm.png
I used to be a morning person, now if I'm up at 4 am it means I couldn't sleep! LOL, I used to be a retail supervisor in a bakery, I had to be there at 5 am. I disgusted everyone else because I was so chirpy/cheery and I don't even drink coffee. No wonder I got all those anonymous death threats.........

I'm with you. I won't go out of my way to be evil to you if you leave me be in the morning and let the caffeine do its job. I would appreciate it if people could tone down the perky until I can catch up a little, but people are who they are and I'm fine with that so long as they don't expect me to be on par with them right away. I'm a night owl by nature and it's really difficult for me to shut my brain off and sleep before midnight on most nights (most nights, I'm lucky if my eyes are closed by 1 or 2 AM), so expecting me to be a perky person upon wake up at 5 or 6 in the morning is a little unrealistic.

When I was a teacher, my students would notice if I was grumpy in the morning and then a brave soul would ask if I had coffee that morning. If I said, "No," it got very, very quiet during the morning routine of attendance, announcements, and warm ups. If I was smiling, they were a little more animated. A lot of my students gifted me gift cards to the local coffee house establishments for Christmas and teacher appreciation. One cheeky kid, love him to death, gave me a container of instant coffee and a mug for Christmas and said, "This is more for me than for you. Please keep this in your desk for when you run out of coffee at home. Merry Christmas." I love that kid. I glared at him and got onto him a lot for being a class clown, but he amused me more than he knew.

Quote:
Not at 4 am, I'm not!
hmm.png
I used to be a morning person, now if I'm up at 4 am it means I couldn't sleep! LOL, I used to be a retail supervisor in a bakery, I had to be there at 5 am. I disgusted everyone else because I was so chirpy/cheery and I don't even drink coffee. No wonder I got all those anonymous death threats.........

I'm with you. I won't go out of my way to be evil to you if you leave me be in the morning and let the caffeine do its job. I would appreciate it if people could tone down the perky until I can catch up a little, but people are who they are and I'm fine with that so long as they don't expect me to be on par with them right away. I'm a night owl by nature and it's really difficult for me to shut my brain off and sleep before midnight on most nights (most nights, I'm lucky if my eyes are closed by 1 or 2 AM), so expecting me to be a perky person upon wake up at 5 or 6 in the morning is a little unrealistic.

When I was a teacher, my students would notice if I was grumpy in the morning and then a brave soul would ask if I had coffee that morning. If I said, "No," it got very, very quiet during the morning routine of attendance, announcements, and warm ups. If I was smiling, they were a little more animated. A lot of my students gifted me gift cards to the local coffee house establishments for Christmas and teacher appreciation. One cheeky kid, love him to death, gave me a container of instant coffee and a mug for Christmas and said, "This is more for me than for you. Please keep this in your desk for when you run out of coffee at home. Merry Christmas." I love that kid. I glared at him and got onto him a lot for being a class clown, but he amused me more than he knew.

like I said... scary!

Quote:

like I said... scary!

Puh-lease. I'm like the last person to be afraid of. I don't yell. I'm a pacifist for the most part. What's to be afraid of?

Back
Top Bottom