I'll leave home tomorrow and i need an info

You can create an insulated waterer but using tow shallow buckets. One large outer bucket, and one smaller inner one. Place the small bucket inside the larger bucket, and fill the edges with composting manure. If you don't have access to composting manner, horse manure, or other manure works well. then stuff hay in a layer over the top of that.
The heat from the manure helps keep the water from freezing. Not sure if it will last 3 days, but it might help some.
Article- https://www.hawk-hill.com/diy-bucket-heater/

I have dealt with frozen manure many times in my life. I think this is a theory, that won't stand up in really cold weather.

However, I don't think the poster has really cold weather from my point of view.

A gallon of water, will not freeze solid at those temperatures. There may be ice crystals, but not solid freezing. If it is reaching 53 degrees during the day (12 degrees C) it is going to be in the liquid form.

A large volume of water will freeze slower than a small amount of water. But she is going to be fine at these temperatures. Might make a little ice at night, but chickens do not drink at night.

Mrs K

Thank you all guys for your replies 🥰

You can create an insulated waterer but using tow shallow buckets. One large outer bucket, and one smaller inner one. Place the small bucket inside the larger bucket, and fill the edges with composting manure. If you don't have access to composting manner, horse manure, or other manure works well. then stuff hay in a layer over the top of that.
The heat from the manure helps keep the water from freezing. Not sure if it will last 3 days, but it might help some.
Article- https://www.hawk-hill.com/diy-bucket-heater/

@BigBlueHen53
here are the bowls that i will put inside the coop. I still have to clean them because they have been unused for a long time.

Thin metallic

Resize_20211208_124204_4243.jpg

Metallic container with plastic dish. I'm a bit worried about the freezing of the final part of the yellow plastic tube
Resize_20211208_124204_4955.jpg

And this is the compost insulated bowl that my dad and i did this morning. The green bowl is a plastic dog bowl and between the green and the white bowl there is compost. @Weeg
Resize_20211208_132019_9602.jpg

Can i be pretty calm about water?

If you’re chickens are inside a coop you have heaters inside. I doubt anything will freeze inside a chicken coop with such mild temperatures as in mid Italy.

Isolation with straw , under or around the waterer, can help.

Ask you’re neighbor if he can check in the morning if the temp gets way below zero.

Back
Top Bottom