I'll pay you to tell me one is a girl

Cool! I've heard of Gardner, I think that it's near to where I live. :)
If I remember correctly, it's in the middlish of the South of the state. I used to go there a lot as a kid. The only place I've ever seen a moose in real life, and I remember the lobster being super cheap. Also the place where I discovered I was allergic to bumble bees while running barefoot through a meadow (I was five). Luckily I haven't angered a bumble bee since, haha.

If I remember correctly, it's in the middlish of the South of the state. I used to go there a lot as a kid. The only place I've ever seen a moose in real life, and I remember the lobster being super cheap. Also the place where I discovered I was allergic to bumble bees while running barefoot through a meadow (I was five). Luckily I haven't angered a bumble bee since, haha.
Cool! Yeah, I think it's close to me. As far as looking at moose, I always go to Rangley Maine to look at moose. The most moose I've seen in one night was like 20-26 moose. Poor you with the bee. I had a hen who got stung on the face by a bee.

Ok so not really. But I have four silky crosses and a half sibling, I really wanted just one girl! Dad is a silkie x EE for first four, Mom is Rhode Island red or barred rock or LF barnyard or buttercup. Dad for the little one with the wide flat-ish pea like comb chick is a blue bantam and mom is a silkie x EE.

Feeling pretty concerned based on the red waddles showing up... These guys are 6 weeks old (born Feb 1), except the last little one with the pea type comb who is 5 weeks (Feb 6 or so).

Should I hold out hope for any of these guys to be girls?
The first one and the one in picture #8 appear to be cockerels. The rest look like pullets so far.

For the record: I ended up with three boys and two girls. The one with the all white head, and the one that's light colored with the dark poof were the girls. That all white girl had a very pink face throughout chickhood that was concerning, but no hackle feathers after 4 months. The larger gray one completely stalled in comb/wattle/feather development shortly after these pics and psyched me into thinking it was a pullet until after four months old, when all of the sudden a saddle feather showed up, and then another. I was kind of mad. Alas! Thanks all :)

Back
Top Bottom