Illegal to Advertise Nest Run Eggs as "Fresh" or "Local"?

Farmer's Almanac: "By law, an egg can be sold for up to 30 days after the date it was put in the carton. And farmers have up to 30 days to go from when the egg is laid to the carton. That means those supermarket eggs can be two months old by the time you buy them."
Yup, but they're USDA approved and just have to be safer and more nutritious than those contraband ones from the farm!
I've seen eggs in stores that have sat there for about 3 months if not abit longer.

Farm eggs, & store eggs have the same risks at play. Eggs from an actual farm are actually more nutritious then store eggs, since the birds at Egg farms are fed a bland diet, no greens, nothing else. Plus Actual Farm Eggs have better taste:drool.

I can't remember who posted it. But basically sold the smaller ones by weight. However many it took to make the weight of a dozen large. Or just keep all the small(er) ones for yourself.
I believe it was Aart.

I don't have a scale for weighing eggs, or cartons, but I can do that later on.

Ah, I missed that one, thanks, but I'm not surprised and I guess it makes sense. People who pay a premium for organic should be getting truly organic instead of just the seller's say so. When I was feeding my own whole grain diet, all of the eight grains were organic, bought from Azure Standard--except the alfalfa pellets. I could see somebody's yielding to temptation to just go ahead and label the eggs organic, which wouldn't be true.
Once I paid highly to buy my husband underwear that was 95% organic cotton and 5% elastane (for the waistband). Come to find out the elastane was not just the waistband, but the chemically produced polyurethane fabric was interwoven throughout the "100% organic" cotton, making the pure cotton null and the price indefensible. So I'm glad regulations exist to protect the consumer.

p.s. But when some regulations become ridiculous and overreaching (it used to be illegal to sing Happy Birthday without paying Warner/Chappell Music), I do admit to bypassing them, using my conscience and the spirit of the law

Big Bother even has their hands in egg production 😟 sad to think what's next.
Poultry Ownership registration ???
I would hazard a guess that the huge commercial egg lobbyists have put some pressure on lawmakers to restrict backyard egg producers. Same old story everywhere....
And the worst thing is that the industry they are approving as superior raises thousands of chickens horribly crowded into warehouses. But they are "cage-free," and if they touch dirt for a few minutes, "free-range." Their eggs can be 30 days old at the supermarket, but I can't call mine "Fresh"?
Chicken-layers-indoors-1.jpg

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom