Illegalization of Muscovy Ducks!

vfem

Yoga...The Chicken Pose
11 Years
Aug 4, 2008
Fuquay Varina, NC
That's right, the US government is planning on restricting the ownership of muscovy ducks to not allowing them to permitted PERIOD! This has NOT happened as of yet, so no need to panic or get upset. They are asking people their opinions on the subject, and if there is an overwhelming cry of NO they won't even bother to vote on it. So please take the time to read the following link and use the contact button to have your say in the matter.

I have sent in my contact and concerns... I know they really just want to control the mistreatment and abondonment (and unrealistic 'releases') of these birds.

http://www.epa.gov/EPA-IMPACT/2008/August/Day-22/i19550.htm

I hope this doesn't pass. My Scovies are my babies. I hatched them out in the incubator. They are almost a year old and still follow me around like puppies. They are no harm to the wildlife. I would never dump a duck period!

I think this is the general government rule... if there are a few bad apples... dump the whole truck load and everybody OFF!

I think it is an over reaction... but please do use the comment link at the top left side of the website page, contact them, speak your piece. Just remember where it asks on the comment page for the reference link you are commenting on to copy and paste the above page so the approperiate eyes will see.

Our local waterfowl rescue sent this out to the subscribers today, and I wanted to get it out asap so everyone had a chance to review this before it became a done deal without our knowledge.

Muscovies are such sweet sweet ducks, I don't have any.... but it doesn't mean I'm not planning on it!
wink.png

Wait! It looks like the comment period is over! I copied the below section from that link. I wonder if they have already decided to do this! Unbelievable! They just decide to make these laws and no one who would be affected even knows they should be commenting on it.

DATES: Send comments on this proposal by October 21, 2008.

ADDRESSES: You may submit comments, identified as comments on RIN 1018-
AV34, by either of the following methods:
Federal eRulemaking Portal: http://www.regulations.gov.
Follow the instructions for submitting comments.
U.S. Mail or hand delivery: Public Comments Processing,
Attention RIN 1018-AV34; Division of Policy and Directives Management;
U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service; 4401 North Fairfax Drive, Suite 222;
Arlington, VA 22203-1610.
We will not accept e-mail or faxes. We will post all comments on
http://www.regulations.gov. This generally means that we will post any
personal information that you provide. See the Public Comments section
below for more information.

Quote:
Because they can. While you are at it...check out the Bill in the house right now which will effectively ban organic gardening, farmers markets and your backyard gardens, eggs and food items. Read the whole bill because it has a nice glossy finish but the dirt is deep inside. This is being pushed by Mansanto, the big producer of genetically altered food products...and some others like Tyson etc etc

HR 875

I will write my opinion on this issuse, while being no fan of scovies, I am no fan of them telling me I cannot have them. LOL

I say we all form our own country in one state and claim independence because this gov is run by a bunch of incinsiderate, worthless and dont know anything retards.

Sorry Venting.

I understand this government has had MANY odd bills popping up lately. I'm still in shock over the HR 875 (the bill that will illegalize organic farming on a small scale because it can't be controlled by the USDA or FDA on such a small level. There are currently no amendments to the bill that say it would be ok for backyard gardens!!! It appears to be against everyone!!!

I contacted the duck rescue and the recommented at the site asking someone to contact me on whether this law is in review, is being voted on, was voted on and the results.... OR if they realized they were dumb and threw it out?
roll.png

Back
Top Bottom