Illinois...

Confessions of a rookie chicken lady:
We have 2 Wyandottes, a black laced red and a golden laced. The BLR was supposed to be named Merida and the GLW was supposed to be named Wanda. When they were chicks, they looked very much the same so we forgot which was which by the time they got home. I tried to figure it out by looking at pictures and now 8 weeks later it is obvious we switched them. Oops! I can't imagine re-naming them now because they are who they are but I spent an awful lot of time trying to figure out which one was which just to be wrong. Hahaha!

My backyard is a lake. That was our first big storm in this house and I am starting to doubt my proposed chicken coop site. I'm not sure that they make scuba gear for chickens.
I guess you need ducks

But better to find out now
before you need to train them for scuba gear

Here's some pictures of my newest chick also an only. So incredibly cute, and very sing song. Here I have it perched on my knee while Mama Java is getting ready to attack me from behind.
IMG_20200515_160040.jpg
IMG_20200515_160038.jpg

Confessions of a rookie chicken lady:
We have 2 Wyandottes, a black laced red and a golden laced. The BLR was supposed to be named Merida and the GLW was supposed to be named Wanda. When they were chicks, they looked very much the same so we forgot which was which by the time they got home. I tried to figure it out by looking at pictures and now 8 weeks later it is obvious we switched them. Oops! I can't imagine re-naming them now because they are who they are but I spent an awful lot of time trying to figure out which one was which just to be wrong. Hahaha!
I have heard of people that did that with twin babies... LOL

Hello Fellow Illinois Chicken Lovers! I'm Marsha from Bloomington,IL. Just so happy to see fellow illini here! Learning much and lurking more. 😁
We just got permission for chickens last fall. I finally took the plunge. It's expensive tho. $300 for the permit, $125 filing fee and $25 for something else, I can't remember. So being on a budget is quite a challenge to afford this. But I'm loving my chicks and anxious to see them grow.
Marsha

Attachments

• 20200515_191818.jpg
    20200515_191818.jpg
    500.2 KB · Views: 4
Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom