Illinois...

I have been using dust masks for years, before covid arrived. When sanding drywall plaster, painting, wood sanding with sander. Etc. Still have half a box of these ole-skool type with 2 rubber straps that go around the head, and not hook onto ears.
1607240601809.png

These are not Surgical Grade masks, but served my purpose. Pulled one out when cleaning my coop, and the rubber straps just deteriorated. I need to get some rubber bands and staple them to the sides, and clip them over my ears.
Do most of you here wear a mask when doing some serious coop cleaning??
I use hay in my coop, and it breaks down into dust after extended time. I am also not in favor of inhaling dry powdered chicken gumdrops :gig

I have been using dust masks for years, before covid arrived. When sanding drywall plaster, painting, wood sanding with sander. Etc. Still have half a box of these ole-skool type with 2 rubber straps that go around the head, and not hook onto ears.
View attachment 2438551
These are not Surgical Grade masks, but served my purpose. Pulled one out when cleaning my coop, and the rubber straps just deteriorated. I need to get some rubber bands and staple them to the sides, and clip them over my ears.
Do most of you here wear a mask when doing some serious coop cleaning??
I use hay in my coop, and it breaks down into dust after extended time. I am also not in favor of inhaling dry powdered chicken gumdrops :gig
I have a box of n95 the straps are breaking off too.
Yes I mask up when cleaning coops....or moldy, dusty areas of shed, basement etc.

Faraday's DD trained some of theirs...... mine just know "get out of the way"
Yes, We had "Bubbles, the amazing psychic chicken" She learned to peck at the Queen of Hearts. As long as the human did their part correctly, Bubbles would do hers. Bubbles then went on to play piano. (DD wanted a keyboard so got an educational grant to buy one, so she could train her chicken.)

We still have Trouble - a rambunctious Sebright that learned how to fly up onto our arm when called.

This is probably the best training video

This was the piano process. Bubbles did eventually learn but not perfected before the project deadline. In the last scene, we had the piano on a mode where any key would play the next note.

Just a simple video about how we use the tractor for the juveniles

Last edited:
Yes, We had "Bubbles, the amazing psychic chicken" She learned to peck at the Queen of Hearts. As long as the human did their part correctly, Bubbles would do hers. Bubbles then went on to play piano. (DD wanted a keyboard so got an educational grant to buy one, so she could train her chicken.)

We still have Trouble - a rambunctious Sebright that learned how to fly up onto our arm when called.

This is probably the best training video

This was the piano process. Bubbles did eventually learn but not perfected before the project deadline. In the last scene, we had the piano on a mode where any key would play the next note.

Just a simple video about how we use the tractor for the juveniles
How do you teach them not to fly onto you? This girl is jealous and shoots up to my shoulder when I hold another chicken.
20201203_151734.jpg

Back
Top Bottom