Illinois...

All this sunshine!!! Most of my layers are coming through every day now! What a difference! The babies are squatting and checking out the nesting boxes. Wanda Beth isn't but you know, just because she's going to be a year old next week doesn't mean she's ready. LOL!!!! I took off most of the tarp and the run is thawing nicely. And the ladies are singing at the top of their lungs about it all so I hope my neighbors aren't pissed off at me. 😬 🤣

I got my first duck egg this morning!!
20210309_071606.jpg

:woot
Aren't you glad you have 2 incubators now!

You can set the duck egg along with the Easter hatch-a-long eggs you already collected. Just set up the 2nd incubator when it's needed.
:thumbsup
I kinda want to see if she'll go broody. She didnt seem to want to leave her egg this morning. Was thinking about collecting a few and then giving her a bunch. But now I've got to figure out how to keep chickens out and from bothering her. You know it's their favorite place to lay their eggs...🙄

Corrected now. Oops! But do tell, what kind? 🤣
I'm sorry, I had to pick myself up off the floor with that one. Was trying to think of something clever.🤣

But anyhow, I have Welsh Harlequins. We've had several before, but they all got eaten due to lack of proper lockup. Now that we do, we have a pair. Have been anxiously awaiting eggs to incubate.

Back
Top Bottom