Illinois...

Happy Father's Day to three fellow fathers out there. I hope you enjoyed your day.

Not much chicken action today. Yesterday I nearly broke my leg thanks to a chicken and the pup. The pup got into the run and chased the chickens. The brown leghorn managed to fly up and squeeze between the fence and a steel cable supporting netting over the run. My brother in law left the gate open for the run as he was checking out the chickens and didn't know any better. She ended up on the netting near the high point where it connects to another steel cable attached to the roof of the shed. I climbed up an old swingset ladder I have in the run as a roost. I got the chicken back into the run. Then I slipped on the ladder and fell. I landed on my hamstring on the rung I slipped off of. My other fell between that ring and the one above it and I somehow managed to grab a rung as I fell so I didn't go backwards. I was actually in tears from the pain. It's still a bit sore, but thankfully nothing is broken and I can walk fine.

@homeschoolin momma
birthday chicken.jpg

I hope you had a great day!!!

Happy Father's Day to three fellow fathers out there. I hope you enjoyed your day.

Not much chicken action today. Yesterday I nearly broke my leg thanks to a chicken and the pup. The pup got into the run and chased the chickens. The brown leghorn managed to fly up and squeeze between the fence and a steel cable supporting netting over the run. My brother in law left the gate open for the run as he was checking out the chickens and didn't know any better. She ended up on the netting near the high point where it connects to another steel cable attached to the roof of the shed. I climbed up an old swingset ladder I have in the run as a roost. I got the chicken back into the run. Then I slipped on the ladder and fell. I landed on my hamstring on the rung I slipped off of. My other fell between that ring and the one above it and I somehow managed to grab a rung as I fell so I didn't go backwards. I was actually in tears from the pain. It's still a bit sore, but thankfully nothing is broken and I can walk fine.
Wow glad you are OK!

The severe weather just grazed us, and no damage, but on the plus side, got much needed rain. The sirens were blasting, and we turned on the TV, for non stop weather coverage. One of my dogs gets very nervous during storms. Had to keep hugging her. :hugs
The tornado that touched down in the Naperville to Woodridge area was heading directly towards my BFF's neighborhood in Burbank. Looked like it lost some of its energy few miles short of BFF's house. Will find out if there was any wind damage tomorrow. This is what was showing on the weather updates.
The modern weather radar monitoring does a fantastic job with warning people in advance of severe dangers.

Glad you didn't get severely injured. I try to stay off ladders.

Happy to hear everyone made it through the storm OK. DS was scared from all the sirens, so we hung out in the basement for about 45 min. DH & DD slept through it all. Just a couple branches down. The tornado's path was just a little south of here. The north part of town has power & phone outages, so we're grateful to have electricity. I'm also grateful for the cool weather.

The sirens gave us plenty of warning. Long before the storm started, got the tornado warning.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom