Illinois...

They look like Tiger Lillies. I have slightly different variety. I think , and they did not bloom yet.
Does your variety have the seeds at the base of the leaf, to stem???
I have similar flowers but the flower is upside down and those have the black seeds at the stem. However it appears my grape soda irises have choked them out this year.

Also now I have injectable Ivermectin lol......
Screenshot_20210621-102126_Epoch Times.jpg

Was a full blown tornado at Theodore and drauden which is about 5 miles from a couple of us out here. The tornado in woodridge was about 5 minutes from our kids too but all are well.
I didn't hear about Theodore and Drauden. I drove right through there yesterday twice on the way to and form my parents house. That's really close.

When I was a kid we lived in south unincorporated Naperville. It was mostly flat farmland, so tornado warnings & sirens were pretty common. Weather tracking was not as sophisticated, so when that siren went off, it meant RUN for shelter.

The sirens here are mostly for severe T-storms or the monthly emergency system test. I think this was only the 3rd or 4th time in 24 years that we had to take shelter in our basement.

The path of last night's tornado was so unusual. Not only did it hit densely populated areas but it came so close to us. We have no real damage on our block. My tarps were still in place, a couple plastic chairs fell over, and a few small dead tree branches. Our only casualty was a single tomato plant. Yet, some homes were severely damaged a few miles away. 75th street is only 2.5 miles south of here.

When I was a kid we lived in south unincorporated Naperville. It was mostly flat farmland, so tornado warnings & sirens were pretty common. Weather tracking was not as sophisticated, so when that siren went off, it meant RUN for shelter.

The sirens here are mostly for severe T-storms or the monthly emergency system test. I think this was only the 3rd or 4th time in 24 years that we had to take shelter in our basement.

The path of last night's tornado was so unusual. Not only did it hit densely populated areas but it came so close to us. We have no real damage on our block. My tarps were still in place, a couple plastic chairs fell over, and a few small dead tree branches. Our only casualty was a single tomato plant. Yet, some homes were severely damaged a few miles away. 75th street is only 2.5 miles south of here.
Glad it missed you. I thought you were farther away from it.

Anyone by Chicago able to adopt a rescued duck?

This very tame duck was abandoned in a park by my house with a bowl of chicken feed and a sippy cup of water. I took her home to my garden but am not equipped to care for a duck longterm. Is anyone local enough to the region to possibly adopt this girl? I think it's a girl at least - she quacks, no rasping noises and has no tail curl though I think she is young.

She's really friendly but I can't have ducks here.

1624371697711.png

Anyone by Chicago able to adopt a rescued duck?

This very tame duck was abandoned in a park by my house with a bowl of chicken feed and a sippy cup of water. I took her home to my garden but am not equipped to care for a duck longterm. Is anyone local enough to the region to possibly adopt this girl? I think it's a girl at least - she quacks, no rasping noises and has no tail curl though I think she is young.

She's really friendly but I can't have ducks here.

View attachment 2729653
@BReeder! Or @homeschoolin momma have ducks west of Chicago

Back
Top Bottom