Illinois...

Discussion in 'Where am I? Where are you!' started by mothergoose, Jan 13, 2007.

1. kfacres

kfacres Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 14, 2011
    Quote:I don't live "in" S'field... but I live less than an hour away... Other than the people from Decatur, I'd say that's as close as your going to find...

2. StevenW.

StevenW. Lovin' My Quackers!

Oct 7, 2010
    Central, Illinois
    I'm going to be heading up to Grant Ulriches next weekend for a Call duck. Mom and dad are working so I have to see if one of my grandmas is free or if my aunt Amy will go.

3. NotAFarm

NotAFarm Embracing the New! Premium Member

Nov 5, 2009
    Illinois
    Did anyone get up to the Illini Poultry Show? If so, did you show? How'd you do? Were there lots of birds? Inquiring minds want to know!!!

4. StevenW.

Oct 7, 2010
    Central, Illinois
    Quote:I think OSUman went.. He had some pictures on his facebook profile.

5. OSUman

OSUman GO BUCKS

Apr 17, 2009
    Central Illinois
    Yea I went, great show, sadly if the club doesnt recruit some more members this will be the last year. I got there late to pick up my birds and there were only 4 people working on tearing down the cages. I will get some pics up later.

6. chikincrazee

chikincrazee Chillin' With My Peeps

May 2, 2010
    IL
    Quote:Hi my son showed in the Jr show....he had silkies and won BB with a buff pullet and RB with a splash pullet and then he went on to get Jr Champion Featherleg,,,Jr. Champion Bantam and then Jr reserve Super Grand Champion of the show....my friend showed in Open and she got BB and Res Featherleg with a partridge pullet...my son also got BB with a pullet in single comb nankins and he showed some Ameraucanas but we just arent there with then yet tho our one pullet is as big as the roos we call her Amazon

7. NotAFarm

NotAFarm Embracing the New! Premium Member

Nov 5, 2009
    Illinois
    Great news on the wins!! Sad to hear that lack of interest may cause yet another show to fade away..........

8. OSUman

OSUman GO BUCKS

Apr 17, 2009
    Central Illinois
    Quote:If they get more interest then they will keep it going, its hard for them to have such a large show with only 4 members setting up and tearing down.

9. OSUman

OSUman GO BUCKS

Apr 17, 2009
    Central Illinois
    Quote:Hi my son showed in the Jr show....he had silkies and won BB with a buff pullet and RB with a splash pullet and then he went on to get Jr Champion Featherleg,,,Jr. Champion Bantam and then Jr reserve Super Grand Champion of the show....my friend showed in Open and she got BB and Res Featherleg with a partridge pullet...my son also got BB with a pullet in single comb nankins and he showed some Ameraucanas but we just arent there with then yet tho our one pullet is as big as the roos we call her Amazon

That buff silkie was really nice, had really good even color without any black.

10. StevenW.

Oct 7, 2010
    Central, Illinois
    If anyone wants some Guinea Keets let me know! I need to sell a couple! I have 17 Keets and I sure in heck don't want that many! LOL

They are $6.00 each but will give a discount if you buy more than 5. [​IMG]
    Oh and I will trade a couple of the keets for a Dog House.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by