Illinois...

BReeder!

Crossing the Road
Mar 12, 2018
Plainfield, IL
My Coop
My Coop
I don't know how many inches we got but I shop vac'd about 3-4" of water from the coop. 🤪 The whole yard is a swamp and my patio chairs were flying all over the place. And they're metal too! But at least no toothache. That would just be insult to injury!
That isn't fun. While I had the toothache I had to go to my parents' two days ago to pump water out of their finished basement and crawlspace the basement had 3 inches and the crawlspace had about 10 inches because it sits lower. Sump pump seized. I ended up changing the stump and check valve after the water was out. And all the while I was chopping with a terrible toothache and taking ibuprofen and applying orajel.

Side note: My parents were out of town and my brother lives there. He was useless though. It amazes me how some people lack the ability to problem solve and the will to learn.

Molpet

Enabler
Premium Feather Member
6 Years
Sep 7, 2015
New Lenox township. Illinois USA
My Coop
My Coop
Side note: My parents were out of town and my brother lives there. He was useless though. It amazes me how some people lack the ability to problem solve and the will to learn.
Wow 😣
He needs his butt kicked.... especially when you are fighting pain. You are a good son.

cavemanrich

Addict
7 Years
Apr 6, 2014
Melrose Park Illinois
@Molpet I believe I owe you a dressed duck still
Was this picture taken in your back yard??? :idunno
1635362500230.png

cavemanrich

Addict
7 Years
Apr 6, 2014
Melrose Park Illinois
I agree. I always thought it strange that a prepped & plucked bird was called "dressed". To me an oven-ready chicken should be "undressed."
:idunno
I agree with the term "undressed" I used the term naked when I take pictures of my PIZZA in progress.

NAKED
IMG_20210502_162002218.jpg

DRESSED
IMG_20210502_162233952.jpg

I don' have a crafty name for the finished ones,,, just " its ready"
IMG_20210502_165422968.jpg

This is my version of Hawaiian Pizza. It contains no meat,,,
I call it HAWAII FIVE O

SnootyHen

Crowing
Apr 18, 2020
Illinois
That isn't fun. While I had the toothache I had to go to my parents' two days ago to pump water out of their finished basement and crawlspace the basement had 3 inches and the crawlspace had about 10 inches because it sits lower. Sump pump seized. I ended up changing the stump and check valve after the water was out. And all the while I was chopping with a terrible toothache and taking ibuprofen and applying orajel.

Ugh!!!! That happened here in 2014 -- lost everything in the basement aside from a few things I was able to carry out immediately when I found the water. And yeah, it's amazing how useless some people are in those times. It just seems like basic common sense but so many lack that!! Very frustrating!!

BReeder!

Crossing the Road
Mar 12, 2018
Plainfield, IL
My Coop
My Coop
Tomorrow after working I'm hoping to do the deed with the extra drakes. I prefer to pluck... 4 is a lot of plucking. Anybody ever use paraffin wax for plucking? I'm thinking about it... It's not the cheapest method but it sure seems easier/faster from what I've seen online.

Jun 28, 2017
Illinois
Tomorrow after working I'm hoping to do the deed with the extra drakes. I prefer to pluck... 4 is a lot of plucking. Anybody ever use paraffin wax for plucking? I'm thinking about it... It's not the cheapest method but it sure seems easier/faster from what I've seen online.
Hot water bath. Feathers swipe off. At least for chickens. Right @Faraday40?

Top Bottom