Illinois...

@Molpet
Is this a turkey egg????? I found it in the nest box tonight.
View attachment 2903568

I only have the one Jenny. She's been squatting for me the past week or 2, and the males are certainly strutting. Sadly (and gladly) the males are leaving tomorrow. The female will stay a bit longer. Her move (to a new home) will likely be the 1st week of Dec.
Yeppers
I've never gotten one before spring. What are you going to do with one poult in the middle of winter 😂❄️

Does Andrea want the Aug poults?

Can you weigh the jakes? I'm curious if yours weigh more. Mine have been rather light lately. A 15 months calico tom was 15 lbs before processing. I thought he would have weighed that after plucked and gutted.... I just skinned the legs and breasts and got about 6 lbs.

You didn't!😮😂
Well..... not yet. It's still in the egg basket.
Don't encourage her. She's a hatching addict. A successful hatching addict!😆
What could possibly go wrong with cute, dumb, baby poults hatching on Christmas and living in the house for several months?

Thankfully my incubator was turned off, cleaned and boxed up in early September. My main problem is that I didn't put it up in the attic and my little NR360 is so easy to set up. A secondary problem is that I often get 100% hatches when someone gives me turkey eggs.

If she isn't going to she may as well send them down here LOL
Don't tempt me to send you some fuzzy, peeping, post-hatch eggs!

Well..... not yet. It's still in the egg basket.

What could possibly go wrong with cute, dumb, baby poults hatching on Christmas and living in the house for several months?

Thankfully my incubator was turned off, cleaned and boxed up in early September. My main problem is that I didn't put it up in the attic and my little NR360 is so easy to set up. A secondary problem is that I often get 100% hatches when someone gives me turkey eggs.

Don't tempt me to send you some fuzzy, peeping, post-hatch eggs!
Sounds like a hand raised house turkey is in your future. Lol.

Yeppers
I've never gotten one before spring. What are you going to do with one poult in the middle of winter 😂❄️

Does Andrea want the Aug poults?

Can you weigh the jakes? I'm curious if yours weigh more. Mine have been rather light lately. A 15 months calico tom was 15 lbs before processing. I thought he would have weighed that after plucked and gutted.... I just skinned the legs and breasts and got about 6 lbs.
Yes. Your August poults are welcome to go to Wisconsin with my Jenny.

My dominant Jake is big. I saw him mate the female once, but he also tried it with the other male. I figured they were just practicing for spring. This past week I had to separate my lav orp roo. He's the flock leader and the 3 turkeys had always backed away when he was around. Last week all 3 stood their ground. The turkeys were easily distracted from fighting...... but not my rooster. He kept trying to challenge the group. I can't afford to lose my rooster, so he's locked up for his own protection. The turkeys have been the dominant birds all week and did a great job deterring hawks today.

I'll try to get their weights tomorrow.

Yes. Your August poults are welcome to go to Wisconsin with my Jenny.

My dominant Jake is big. I saw him mate the female once, but he also tried it with the other male. I figured they were just practicing for spring. This past week I had to separate my lav orp roo. He's the flock leader and the 3 turkeys had always backed away when he was around. Last week all 3 stood their ground. The turkeys were easily distracted from fighting...... but not my rooster. He kept trying to challenge the group. I can't afford to lose my rooster, so he's locked up for his own protection. The turkeys have been the dominant birds all week and did a great job deterring hawks today.

I'll try to get their weights tomorrow.
Yes keep the roo away.... poor Dinner got out and went after his nemis jake... didn't turn out well for him.

Thanks 😊

Turkey processing day with @Faraday40
20211120_153256.jpg
20211120_153341.jpg
20211120_153356.jpg

My favorite......just soaking in the hot tub.....
20211120_145940.jpg

But it's always better with a friend.
20211120_145931.jpg

Mine weighed 15.2 before and 10.8 after. He had about a pound of grass in his crop. Literally a salad with your turkey dinner!

Back
Top Bottom