Illinois...

Speaking of bird flu, do you remember from the last couple times when the threat should die down? Is it after a couple months or not until next winter?
Once the wilds go north it should die down... unless it gets in the local waterfowl....then the southern migration might start it up again

Once the wilds go north it should die down... unless it gets in the local waterfowl....then the southern migration might start it up again
Screenshot_20220304-193236.png

Post in thread 'Avian influenza found in South Carolina' https://www.backyardchickens.com/th...found-in-south-carolina.1507893/post-25462567

Last edited:
We had another puppy incident here. I was out with Sasha (the older dog) and the chickens and my son let the puppies out. I have no idea why he didn't look. Because he's 12. Because he was pre-occupied. Because he wasn't paying attention...the puppies got one of my ladies and were fighting over her. It was awful!! Charlotte lost so many feathers plus they were dragging her in the swamp of mud. I got her free and Sasha hustled her into the house. The boys came out and grabbed the puppies but we couldn't find Charlotte. I kept telling them she's in the house because I knew I saw Sasha go in with her but they couldn't find her. One of them walked around the block to the back neighbors, I looked everywhere! Turns out she was actually in the house. I came in and Sasha showed me where she was hiding. Poor thing is really bloody and muddy and she has a broken toe but she's alive and alert and seems like she's going to make it. It was so hard to treat her wounds because of all the mud. I cleaned her as best I could to prevent infection but she's going to need another bath if she doesn't start preening herself a little.

I was literally calling my middle son to suggest he muzzle the puppies and put them on their leashes to sit on the patio and try to get them used to the chickens. I heard the door open and I assumed it was the middle son not answering the phone because he was right there and that's when all hell broke loose I am so angry at my son and the puppies!!! But I think Charlotte is going to make it.

We had another puppy incident here. I was out with Sasha (the older dog) and the chickens and my son let the puppies out. I have no idea why he didn't look. Because he's 12. Because he was pre-occupied. Because he wasn't paying attention...the puppies got one of my ladies and were fighting over her. It was awful!! Charlotte lost so many feathers plus they were dragging her in the swamp of mud. I got her free and Sasha hustled her into the house. The boys came out and grabbed the puppies but we couldn't find Charlotte. I kept telling them she's in the house because I knew I saw Sasha go in with her but they couldn't find her. One of them walked around the block to the back neighbors, I looked everywhere! Turns out she was actually in the house. I came in and Sasha showed me where she was hiding. Poor thing is really bloody and muddy and she has a broken toe but she's alive and alert and seems like she's going to make it. It was so hard to treat her wounds because of all the mud. I cleaned her as best I could to prevent infection but she's going to need another bath if she doesn't start preening herself a little.

I was literally calling my middle son to suggest he muzzle the puppies and put them on their leashes to sit on the patio and try to get them used to the chickens. I heard the door open and I assumed it was the middle son not answering the phone because he was right there and that's when all hell broke loose I am so angry at my son and the puppies!!! But I think Charlotte is going to make it.
Their tough. I hope your son has learned a lesson.

Back
Top Bottom