Illinois...

Discussion in 'Where am I? Where are you!' started by mothergoose, Jan 13, 2007.

1. Chic-n-farmer

Chic-n-farmer Showers of Blessings

Quote:Oh, if only I played the lottery. Or, played and won. [​IMG]

I'd build my own Fort Knox. Until then I guess I'll just have to get used to the neighbors calling me Annie Oakley.... sigh....

2. Chic-n-farmer

In fairness to the wretched little Yorkie, the bantam hen had escaped her pen. [​IMG] Why, she was just asking for it. Being loose like that.

I actually had a neighbor tell me I should put up a 6 foot fence around my 12 acres of woods to keep his dog from coming on my land. [​IMG]

The irony escaped him.....

3. jamie.williamson34

jamie.williamson34 Out Of The Brooder

Nov 24, 2011
    Quote:[​IMG] and to the Illinois thread!! I'm just east of you, between I-88 and I-80, west of I-39. What kind of flock do you have?

im a man starting his adventure, i have just a few eggs to test hatch, then i have 3 people that would like me to hatch for them. i barley know what im doing but know i found the right site to ask anything. MY family has 300 acres outside geneseo black angus is what i know, not chickens but i wanted something in town that reminded me of the farm i guess. really looking to meet people in my area when it comes to building my coop and buying eggs.

4. MullersLaneFarm

MullersLaneFarm Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 26, 2008
    NW IL Fiber Enabler
    Jamie, You really should venture about 45 miles to the east of you to our place. We can give you an education on chickens (& other poultry) as well as other homesteading things you can do in town! I kept chickens, honey bees & meat rabbits at my home in the middle of a subdivision before we got the homestead.

We're just south of Rock Falls. PM me if you would like to visit. Check out our website to help you decide!

5. ParadiseFoundFarm

ParadiseFoundFarm Goddess of Good Things

Jul 6, 2010
    Joliet, IL
    [​IMG]
    All our new Illinoisans!
    Can we try and put together a chicken people meet and possible swap this summer?
    I know it's early in the season but we had some trouble with dates last year and some who wanted to go couldn't.
    I'm sure if we plan it early and put the date & location down in stone we could have more member come.

I'd like to vote for a place that has overnight camping in north central Illinois around late July.

Denise

6. Chic-n-farmer

Rats. That's the time of my kids' 4-H Fair, but then there really is no good time in summer. Busy, busy.

7. mjlabs

mjlabs Out Of The Brooder

Dec 30, 2011
    West Central Illinois
    today 55 degrees and sunny.....tomorrow 25 and accumulating snow. c'mon spring!

8. MullersLaneFarm

MullersLaneFarm Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 26, 2008
    NW IL Fiber Enabler
    C'mon SNOW!! We need winter and the moisture the snow brings.

9. ParadiseFoundFarm

ParadiseFoundFarm Goddess of Good Things

Jul 6, 2010
    Joliet, IL

OK, give up a good time for you and let's see if it flys. There should be little restrictions on every one this far out.

Last edited: Jan 12, 2012
  10. jamie.williamson34

jamie.williamson34 Out Of The Brooder

Nov 24, 2011

my two cents would be some time in may early june due to a ton of people will be showing at fairs and such starting mid june

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by