Illinois...

Does anyone need some eggs? LOL It's killing me not putting these in the incubator! I think I am going to try n freeze a bunch. Has anyone else frozen eggs? Also posting some pics of my cute banties.

Wow what all breeds?

@chickendreams24 If your referring to who is laying the eggs, I have about 10 Orpingtons, and then my layers, RIR, barred rock, CCl, marans, isbars, none of the bantams are laying because they are hatching chicks.

@chickendreams24
 If your referring to who is laying the eggs, I have about 10  Orpingtons, and then my layers, RIR,  barred rock, CCl, marans, isbars, none of the bantams are laying because they are hatching chicks.

;) I think I just fainted lol I would love some of your eggs!
That sounds like my dream flock lol

What color Orpingtons and Marans do you have?

Do you mind sharing pics of your legbars? And well all of them? ;) I have fallen so in love with my little white sport pullet from Junibutt that legbars are even more on my list! And Orps are a must! I also want some dark layers but was disappointed to discover that my feeling was correct on the two cuckoo Marans "pullets" we got from the feed store this spring. I saw that head spot from a mile away and I knew. He's handsome but kinda naughty to the other chicks(hoping that passes)and the only possible cockerals I'm in the market for would be blue English orps and a CL if we got some more. Otherwise we're just overrun. We have straight run white rocks and the three English orp boys from Junibutt still too. We plan on keeping two of the orp boys for now but the third will be rehomed soon. Probably the white one, so please let me know it anyone is interested. But I would take more pullets any day. Lol my limit by fall is 40 I might be able to stretch it a bit though. After weaning down the chicks we're growing out and rehoming a few flock members I think we can easily do it. :)

Does anyone need some eggs? LOL It's killing me not putting these in the incubator! .
Always on the lookout for solutions..

1502 Sportsman Cabinet Incubator
Product No. INC1502
Read Reviews | Write a Review

The 1502 Sportsman incubator offers an accurate digital thermostat with LCD display of temperature and humidity. An on-board computer monitors systems and the environment every second to keep itself updated and to share this data with you. Electronic egg turning control, audio/visual indicators and a standard easy view door highlight a number of standard features. This is a complete incubator and hatcher. In addition to having three automatically turned racks, it has a hatching tray in the bottom of the incubator. So if you are just getting started with a small flock, all you need is this one incubator. Set the eggs each week or so and then hatch the oldest setting eggs at the same time. Settings are rotated among the three turning trays so that the hatching tray can accept the eggs from one of the setting trays each cycle. Constructed from high strength plastic board making it well insulated, quieter, and easier to clean. You will need to use plastic egg racks to hold the eggs stable on the wire turning tray. Total Capacity with plastic trays: 744 quail eggs (1488 if racks double stacked), 354 pheasant or bantam eggs, 288 chicken eggs, and 216 duck or turkey eggs. Ships in one box.

There are larger ones but I thing you would find this one sufficient.
yesss.gif

Always on the lookout for solutions.. 1502 Sportsman Cabinet Incubator Product No. INC1502 Read Reviews | Write a Review The 1502 Sportsman incubator offers an accurate digital thermostat with LCD display of temperature and humidity. An on-board computer monitors systems and the environment every second to keep itself updated and to share this data with you. Electronic egg turning control, audio/visual indicators and a standard easy view door highlight a number of standard features. This is a complete incubator and hatcher. In addition to having three automatically turned racks, it has a hatching tray in the bottom of the incubator. So if you are just getting started with a small flock, all you need is this one incubator. Set the eggs each week or so and then hatch the oldest setting eggs at the same time. Settings are rotated among the three turning trays so that the hatching tray can accept the eggs from one of the setting trays each cycle. Constructed from high strength plastic board making it well insulated, quieter, and easier to clean. You will need to use plastic egg racks to hold the eggs stable on the wire turning tray. Total Capacity with plastic trays: 744 quail eggs (1488 if racks double stacked), 354 pheasant or bantam eggs, [COLOR=FF0000]288[/COLOR] chicken eggs, and 216 duck or turkey eggs. Ships in one box. There are larger ones but I thing you would find this one sufficient. :yesss:
LOL THANKS BUT, my husband would shoot me if I hatched that many chicks. I think we will just eat them so I will remain alive.

LOL THANKS BUT, my husband would shoot me if I hatched that many chicks. I think we will just eat them so I will remain alive.
I'm the same here. I have many beautiful orp possibilities (in egg form), but I keep telling myself NO MORE ORPS..... at least not to keep. I've been hatching via my school programs & selling the offspring. So far it's been working great. I get to share my love for incubation, see my flock's beautiful chicks, make other families happy with their new flock additions, and earn some pocket money. I even put my broodys to work....... They were literally just sitting there. I've been good with my self control & selling the chicks instead of keeping them for myself. My only issue now is that I have a 48 egg capacity incubator just sitting empty in my living room. I can't think up a legitimate reason to start another batch. I am encouraging DD to come up with an incubation project idea. Her poultry project this year involves training, but there's always room for a veterinary science project!

Technically I only hatched 1 batch for myself. All the other hatches have been someone else's, & I am merely "assisting." If DD decides to hatch, I'll send you a pm. I'd love some variety & can swap eggs if you like.

PS- Well, I guess I slipped up a little on my No More Orps..... I did take in 3 chocs. Hey I'm only human! How could anyone turn down a choc orp?

Last edited:
I'm the same here. I have many beautiful orp possibilities (in egg form), but I keep telling myself NO NORE ORPS..... at least not to keep. I've been hatching via my school programs & selling the offspring. So far it's been working great. I get to share my love for incubation, see my flock's beautiful chicks, make other families happy with their new flock additions, and earn some pocket money. I even put my broodys to work....... They were literally just sitting there. I've been good with my self control & selling the chicks instead of keeping them for myself. My only issue now is that I have a 48 egg capacity incubator just sitting empty in my living room. I can't think up a legitimate reason to start another batch. I am encouraging DD to come up with an incubation project idea. Her poultry project this year involves training, but there's always room for a veterinary science project!

Technically I only hatched 1 batch for myself. All the other hatches have been someone else's, & I am merely "assisting." If DD decides to hatch, I'll send you a pm. I'd love some variety & can swap eggs if you like.

PS- Well, I guess I slipped up a little on my No More Orps..... I did take in 3 chocs. Hey I'm only human! How could anyone turn down a choc orp?

I wasn't trying to sell any eggs, just thought it was rather ridiculous how many eggs I had sitting on my counter. Really wanted to find out if anyone has ever tried freezing them. I remember seeing it on Fresh Eggs Daily once.

I am so proud of myself for not putting some in the incubator. Kudos to you to on the self control. But like you said, you are hatching for classrooms, that helps to control your urge. For me, its the broody hens, that are hatching for me at the moment.

And the chocolate orps are beautiful. You don't know how bad I want some of Junibutts cuckoos. I love the cuckoo roo's.

;) I think I just fainted lol I would love some of your eggs!
That sounds like my dream flock lol

What color Orpingtons and Marans do you have?

Do you mind sharing pics of your legbars? And well all of them? ;) I have fallen so in love with my little white sport pullet from Junibutt that legbars are even more on my list! And Orps are a must! I also want some dark layers but was disappointed to discover that my feeling was correct on the two cuckoo Marans "pullets" we got from the feed store this spring. I saw that head spot from a mile away and I knew. He's handsome but kinda naughty to the other chicks(hoping that passes)and the only possible cockerals I'm in the market for would be blue English orps and a CL if we got some more. Otherwise we're just overrun. We have straight run white rocks and the three English orp boys from Junibutt still too. We plan on keeping two of the orp boys for now but the third will be rehomed soon. Probably the white one, so please let me know it anyone is interested. But I would take more pullets any day. Lol my limit by fall is 40 I might be able to stretch it a bit though. After weaning down the chicks we're growing out and rehoming a few flock members I think we can easily do it. :)

I wasn't trying to sell any eggs, just thought it was rather ridiculous how many eggs I had sitting on my counter. Really wanted to find out if anyone has ever tried freezing them. I remember seeing it on Fresh Eggs Daily once.

I am so proud of myself for not putting some in the incubator. Kudos to you to on the self control. But like you said, you are hatching for classrooms, that helps to control your urge. For me, its the broody hens, that are hatching for me at the moment.

And the chocolate orps are beautiful. You don't know how bad I want some of Junibutts cuckoos. I love the cuckoo roo's.
I also read about freezing eggs but have never tried it. I think you must scramble & freeze in ice trays. My sister did it & said they worked fine for baking but not as good for omelets. It would be nice to be able to bake without restraint in the winter months. I harvested too many leeks in the fall, so I sauteed them & froze portions in a silicone cupcake pan. I popped them out & kept freezing them in batches. All winter, I could simply pop a frozen clump right into the pan. The same can be done with fresh herbs (just mix with oil & freeze).

If you don't freeze them, I'm sure you could sell them to friends/neighbors. We always have more buyers than available eggs.

Back
Top Bottom