Illinois...

Tonight was DD's dress rehearsal. Everything at practice went well. The girls are very excited for tomorrow's performance & party. One flaw..... about 20 min after rehearsal DD hurt her toe - BAD! She tripped and smacked it into the kitchen cabinet. It's swollen & she's devastated. Please pray for her. We hope the swelling & pain goes down so that she may dance.

The pics below were taken before he injury.
IMG_8779 copy.jpg
friends1.jpg friends2.jpg
Ballet
4.jpg 8.jpg
Tap (with 2 magic tricks done while dancing)
18 copy.jpg 20.jpg
duo dance off between the two
16 copy.jpg

Praying!

Sorry everyone that I haven't been in touch it's been a very busy couple of weeks. I'll try to write a little about what's going on later if I get a little down time today.

Thank you for all the prayers & well wishes.

The show must go on. DD's toe hurt but she managed to dance and did very well.
These two girls really made the show - both on stage & off. In addition to dancing, they were responsible for helping the little ones get onstage to their correct spots.
img_8806-jpg.1376042
img_8842-jpg.1376043

IMG_8846.JPG
After the show, we went out for dinner.
IMG_8851.JPG

I'll share more later. We're still recovering from a long, fun evening. LOL

Hello my friends!

I finally have a few minutes to sit down and write a post so you can all know what I've been up to. The thread has been a bit slow lately and we need to liven things up. ;)

Okay it's been a crazy busy couple of weeks here. DH2B has been in the fields(ah the joys of being a farmer) all of you please thank a farmer when you get the chance. He's been working long long long days to get the ground worked and started getting the crops in. They're almost done with field corn and mint meaning there is just seed corn and canning crops left. Many of his days in the last two weeks have been 14-16 hours straight through. One night he even worked until 4 in the morning when they had a piece of equipment break down. It's been crazy and everything at home has been falling on me.

It's a lot. Without a doubt. Add to that my mother got bitten by one of my Grandma's barn cats and it's become severely infected. The cat is 14 and has cancer so he was trying to be put in a crate to take to the vet to end his suffering. He of course had other ideas. Now he's on to us.

He also isn't up to date with his rabies vaccine so there is that as well. I spent two nights in the last week at the ER with my Mom. Not getting home let alone into bed until 5-5:30 am. So that has also been crazy. She was supposed to go yesterday too but I haven't spoken with her to find out if she made it. Mom absolutely doesn't want the rabies shots but I think she should get them considering we found a dead raccoon in the garage.

With the rain last Wednesday night, Thursday and Friday DH2B ended up having a long weekend. We planted apple trees and started nearly all of the garden. Yay! Unfortunately our starters blew away and we had to buy them, which is a major bummer.

I finally had the time to candle our current hatch last night. 31 eggs going strong. 1 questionable. 6 clears and 1 quitter. I'm in trouble. LoL the biggest problem is that I'm not certain I set the incubator countdown for the correct day. (Incubator says 11 days left but I think it may be more like 9) I'll need to do the math later.

Yesterday we did yard work and mowed and picked up sticks and such. The storms were pretty bad. Thankfully we didn't get hail damage like many of our neighbors but the wind blew over and tore apart a massive grill. I can't believe how much this thing was destroyed. Thankfully we were planning on scrapping it.

More later everyone I hope all is well.

My neighbor is getting rid of their small coop. It's good for about two chickens or a brooder pen, sick pen, etc. The house is about 5x5, the yard is under and in front of the house, about 7 feet long. It's also tall and heavy! Very sturdy!
They're giving it away, must be gone by Saturday. PM me IMG_20180320_163700575_TOP.jpg IMG_20180320_163629903.jpg
IMG_20180320_163639523_HDR.jpg

Hello my friends!

I finally have a few minutes to sit down and write a post so you can all know what I've been up to. The thread has been a bit slow lately and we need to liven things up. ;)

Okay it's been a crazy busy couple of weeks here. DH2B has been in the fields(ah the joys of being a farmer) all of you please thank a farmer when you get the chance. He's been working long long long days to get the ground worked and started getting the crops in. They're almost done with field corn and mint meaning there is just seed corn and canning crops left. Many of his days in the last two weeks have been 14-16 hours straight through. One night he even worked until 4 in the morning when they had a piece of equipment break down. It's been crazy and everything at home has been falling on me.

It's a lot. Without a doubt. Add to that my mother got bitten by one of my Grandma's barn cats and it's become severely infected. The cat is 14 and has cancer so he was trying to be put in a crate to take to the vet to end his suffering. He of course had other ideas. Now he's on to us.

He also isn't up to date with his rabies vaccine so there is that as well. I spent two nights in the last week at the ER with my Mom. Not getting home let alone into bed until 5-5:30 am. So that has also been crazy. She was supposed to go yesterday too but I haven't spoken with her to find out if she made it. Mom absolutely doesn't want the rabies shots but I think she should get them considering we found a dead raccoon in the garage.

With the rain last Wednesday night, Thursday and Friday DH2B ended up having a long weekend. We planted apple trees and started nearly all of the garden. Yay! Unfortunately our starters blew away and we had to buy them, which is a major bummer.

I finally had the time to candle our current hatch last night. 31 eggs going strong. 1 questionable. 6 clears and 1 quitter. I'm in trouble. LoL the biggest problem is that I'm not certain I set the incubator countdown for the correct day. (Incubator says 11 days left but I think it may be more like 9) I'll need to do the math later.

Yesterday we did yard work and mowed and picked up sticks and such. The storms were pretty bad. Thankfully we didn't get hail damage like many of our neighbors but the wind blew over and tore apart a massive grill. I can't believe how much this thing was destroyed. Thankfully we were planning on scrapping it.

More later everyone I hope all is well.
prayers for your mom

Back
Top Bottom