Illinois...

I'm in Downers Grove -- the town just changed the ordinance so that the coop has to be 7 feet from the lot line (it had been 50 feet before, so there were only 500 properties that qualified). I'm here learning as much as I can, since we're going to get our hens early next year. Anyone else around from the western 'burbs?

Welcome neighbor. I'm in Westmont. A friend of ours was a very active supporter in the fight to legalize chickens in DG. Glad to hear it's working out for so many.

Make sure your neighbors are on board. For us, that has made all the difference. A few donated building supplies, & one neighbor regularly brings treats (kitchen scraps) for our girls. In return, we give them some fresh eggs, compost, and entertainment.

Hi Cobra350
I am east of you in Sullivan. Did you find any birds? The Arthur Sale Barn poultry sale always has some interesting things.

yes and thank you I plan on going there on the 9th looks as if its second and fourth Monday of every month. Was able to purchase a rabbit from there on memorial day for my daughter she loves it for sure.

Welcome neighbor.  I'm in Westmont.  A friend of ours was a very active supporter in the fight to legalize chickens in DG.  Glad to hear it's working out for so many.

Make sure your neighbors are on board.  For us, that has made all the difference.  A few donated building supplies, & one neighbor regularly brings treats (kitchen scraps) for our girls.  In return, we give them some fresh eggs, compost, and entertainment.

We're pretty good friends with 3 of our 4 neighbors, and the 4th is on the side pretty far from where the girls will be. We plan on keeping everyone happy!!

How many chickens do you have? Where do you buy your food? Is there a local chicken-enthusiasts group or anything? I have so many questions! :)

Back
Top Bottom