Illinois...

Nice mix! Hopefully you will end up with a pullet with your Jubilees, lol. There are some more Orps up for auction and I am getting a itchy trigger finger. Trying to show some restraint. I am trying to keep my hen count at a total of 15. And my BBM and Lav Ams are due tomorrow. I have some chirping going on this am, so when that thermostat slipped the other nite, hopefully it didn't do too much damage. Good Luck on your hatch!
All Jubilee air cells are badly detached (although they only came from Sterling IL) so I don't have high hopes. When are your Choc/Mauve due?

All Jubilee air cells are badly detached (although they only came from Sterling IL) so I don't have high hopes. When are your Choc/Mauve due?

They are due on the 28th. Mine didn't look so good either, but I let them set upright for the first 7 days without turning. If I remember correctly, I think I had 5 or 6 developing and will check again on Friday.

Quote:
frow.gif
Trucking eggs is hard on them and from Sterling to you, the trip would be all by road and then through the processing machines. Sterling is just a few miles up the road from me. Next time, call me and I'll get them for you and we can meet for lunch!

Anyone interested in free EE chicks? We hatched them at the high school in Peoria Heights. I sold some, but there are 7 still looking for homes. I would rather they be free to my fellow chicken people than anyone on CL! They are almost a week old and all (of course) cute as a button. PM if you are interested.

frow.gif
Trucking eggs is hard on them and from Sterling to you, the trip would be all by road and then through the processing machines. Sterling is just a few miles up the road from me. Next time, call me and I'll get them for you and we can meet for lunch!
I wanted to pick the eggs myself but for some reason the seller was elusive about where their farm was located. After what happened to the eggs however, she told me they were close to Sterling IL and I can pick up next time.
sad.png

I wanted to pick the eggs myself but for some reason the seller was elusive about where their farm was located. After what happened to the eggs however, she told me they were close to Sterling IL and I can pick up next time.
sad.png

I do the same for biosecurity . So many diseases to watch out for . Just not worth the risk . I usually meet people somewhere for local pickup .

I do the same for biosecurity . So many diseases to watch out for . Just not worth the risk . I usually meet people somewhere for local pickup .
That is totally understandable but in my case I was not being told what city they are located. I was always going to pick up from a public location and they knew it.

Well so far 3 Lav Ams have hatched and 1 seems weak. I forgot I started the Bbms 2 days later than the Lav Ams,so I will b hatching for a couple of more days

Well so far 3 Lav Ams have hatched and 1 seems weak. I forgot I started the Bbms 2 days later than the Lav Ams,so I will b hatching for a couple of more days
pics please
tongue.png

I candled mine yesterday (Day 4) and only 1 shipped egg showed veining, even that was where the air sac is supposed to be. I think I am going to have a pretty bad hatch. Not tossing them till Day 10 though.

My bantam cochin's from @ellymayRans are getting so big!! Pretty sure they are all roos :/ but I'm holding our hope on one! The boys will need a new home in a few weeks if anyone is interested.:) 2 frizzle, 2 smooth.

Back
Top Bottom