Illinois...

Blue will definitely have to go. I will have to decide between the 2 chocolate cockerels. Here are the pics side by side. Which one do you and @Faraday40 think is better. Will also post on facebook to see what the experts say, however I am afraid they will admonish me for trying to select too early. Last time they told me I should only look at the shape of the head at this stage. Now who is going to tell me which head shape is better!! lol. 2nd and 3rd pics are of the same cockerel.

I think the one on the right might have a better head shape and maybe its the lighting, but looks to have a richer brown color. I would go with the one on the right.

This is most of my chickens. I have a little bit of a variety in my flock. If you can identify any of what I have that would be great. Thanks for any help.

This is most of my chickens. I have a little bit of a variety in my flock. If you can identify any of what I have that would be great. Thanks for any help.
I see white leg horns might be a mix. The yellow one looks like a buff Orp. The ones with the pea combs look like easter egger. Pretty flock.:)

Last edited:
I think the one on the right might have a better head shape and maybe its the lighting, but looks to have a richer brown color. I would go with the one on the right.
UhUh,

You and @Faraday are pulling me in 2 different directions. I guess I will wait for couple of weeks and repost pics

The 1st one is more friendly and loves to come out of the coop and play. The 2nd one is a little shy but almost 6 oz more in weight. Lets see!

Being new to this website I was curious if anyone in IL knows where I can buy juvenile pulletts? I am looking for Barred Rock, Amaraucana, Light Bantam. I know that I can buy them online and have them shipped to me but if I can support someone locally that would be great! Any advice would be welcome.

Thanks

NBYC

seeking near will/grundy county IL, perfer barred rock hens 7-15 months, wouldn't mind a mixed lot either looking for a total of 4 hens no roosters. must be "cold hardy" breed, would love 2 barred rock 2 white barred rock, but any cold hardy breed will do. message me or comment if interested in selling ty :)

seeking near will/grundy county IL, perfer barred rock hens 7-15 months, wouldn't mind a mixed lot either looking for a total of 4 hens no roosters. must be "cold hardy" breed, would love 2 barred rock 2 white barred rock, but any cold hardy breed will do. message me or comment if interested in selling ty :)
no large breeds 8lbs or under have a smaller sized coop ty again

I will soon be selling some hens - ages range from 10-20 mo old. They are wonderful pets, calm, good layers, pretty, healthy, & some even do tricks. If we had the space, we would not be rehoming any. At the moment we're relying on them for our eggs. In about a month, our pullets will start to lay, so we'll start looking for new homes for some of our original hens. They were all hatched by my daughter, held regularly, & none are from hatchery stock. If we had the ability to keep 20 chickens, I know we'd keep all of them. I will post their pics here when we're ready.

Back
Top Bottom