Illinois...

Hey everyone I just joined BYC. My husband and I are from galena il its way north on the Iowa and Wisconsin boarder. We have barred rock, Rhode Island Red, astralorp, Plymouth Rock, black , white and partridge Cochins, and we are waiting on our shipment of black and red frizzle, and polish.

Hey everyone I just joined BYC. My husband and I are from galena il its way north on the Iowa and Wisconsin boarder. We have barred rock, Rhode Island Red, astralorp, Plymouth Rock, black , white and partridge Cochins, and we are waiting on our shipment of black and red frizzle, and polish.

Welcome to the Illinois thread!
welcome-byc.gif

Welcome to BYC. I envy your location. DW has been bugging for a weekend getaway in Galena for a while.

Haha, thanks. I most definitely won't be hatching anything next year. I am going to ask my husband to hide my incubators, LOL.

Had to edit this comment!

What was I thinking, I will be hatching next year, just my silver laced over my gold laced orps and maybe some of those adorable laced cochin bantams.
I bet you would have had at least half a dozen hatches by this time next year. And I am sure there will be an October hatch this year as well.
wee.gif

I bet you would have had at least half a dozen hatches by this time next year. And I am sure there will be an October hatch this year as well.
wee.gif

I could agree with maybe 6 hatches next year, but I did the late hatches last October with the CCLs and had to keep them in the house til December.
he.gif
I was lucky we had a mild December. So, there will not be any late hatches this year. NONE! I am down to 5 eggs in the incubator, and I am calling it quits. If not I need an intervention and my head checked. LOL

I could agree with maybe 6 hatches next year, but I did the late hatches last October with the CCLs and had to keep them in the house til December.
he.gif
I was lucky we had a mild December. So, there will not be any late hatches this year. NONE! I am down to 5 eggs in the incubator, and I am calling it quits. If not I need an intervention and my head checked. LOL
DW saw me put some eggs in a dark room very carefully and she screamed "NOT AGAIN". I had to swear on everything possible in the world that they were not meant for my broody. But she wasn't done until I gave them to the neighbors today.

BTW I am really feeling bad for my broody. She has been sitting for 15 days now and everything I have to pull eggs from under her, I feel like she is crying.

DW saw me put some eggs in a dark room very carefully and she screamed "NOT AGAIN". I had to swear on everything possible in the world that they were not meant for my broody. But she wasn't done until I gave them to the neighbors today.

BTW I am really feeling bad for my broody. She has been sitting for 15 days now and everything I have to pull eggs from under her, I feel like she is crying.
Poor Broody, I felt bad for mine too. But perhaps with the weather cooling off, it will help to break her. After I pulled the remaining GL eggs from mine,(that were ruined) I gave her a couple of recently laid eggs, figuring the chicks were due in three days and I could slip them under her and the next day, she was off of them. That hen sat for almost 6 weeks. I felt so bad for her. She has been out everyday now, but still goes back to the nest (no eggs) for bedtime. I guess she is trying to reacquaint herself with the others since she was broody for so long. Try and be strong so you don't get into trouble. LOL

Im not able to get onto the buy-sell-trade forum on my phone.....so hopefully you won't mind me posting here. I'm in the western Chicago burbs and i have 2 young roosters that need me homes as we can't have them in my town. I have a 14 week old BBS Ameraucana and a 9 week old BBS/Iowa Blue mix. Anyone need some roos for their flock? (Please don't take them if you plan on butchering them before they have lived a good long life) message me if you would like to pick them up.

Back
Top Bottom