Illinois...

I could probably help y'all out a breeder friend of mine breeds them and gives them to me way cheaper if you like any let me know I can tell you they are less then half that add

How is their stock? I would love some but idk if I could convince DH2B this year maybe next year? I will mention it to him. If I can't convince him this year do you think next year could be possible? If not that is okay I understand.

How is their stock? I would love some but idk if I could convince DH2B this year maybe next year? I will mention it to him. If I can't convince him this year do you think next year could be possible? If not that is okay I understand.

She said she plans on giving me some chicks for helping her so if she doesn't have them next year I will so either way I can help lol her stock seems really good to me she gets all her birds from green fire farms

She said she plans on giving me some chicks for helping her so if she doesn't have them next year I will so either way I can help lol her stock seems really good to me she gets all her birds from green fire farms

Wow I would love birds from GFF but I'm poor lol we should be better off financially next year, which is why I said probably then. Thank you for the offer Daskhan, I'll keep you in mind.

Not sure if anyone is looking for Ayam Cemani's, but I just saw a posting on Craigslist for some in southern Wisconsin.. https://milwaukee.craigslist.org/grd/5458651493.html

Been looking at that too Pixie just wish they were in my price range. They also don't show any pics which I admit worries me a bit.

Here is an earlier post with pics... https://chicago.craigslist.org/nwc/grd/5457449322.html

Still too pricey for me.

What's funny is that Ayam Cemani are DH's fav chicken. You have to understand that he claims to not to enjoy my chicken hobby, so I laughed when he said, "Those look cool. Why don't you have any of those?" Once I told him the cost, he understood.

He still claims not to like the chickens, but I see him sneak kitchen scraps out to them. He also tells anyone who will listen how delicious our backyard eggs are. Now, he even calls some of them by name. He's coming along nicely. LOL

What's funny is that Ayam Cemani are DH's fav chicken.  You have to understand that he claims to not to enjoy my chicken hobby, so I laughed when he said, "Those look cool.  Why don't you have any of those?"  Once I told him the cost, he understood.

He still claims not to like the chickens, but I see him sneak kitchen scraps out to them.  He also tells anyone who will listen how delicious our backyard eggs are.  Now, he even calls some of them by name.  He's coming along nicely. LOL

Lol boy can I relate my DH2B also pretends not to like the flock much and says he hates the bantams that they're worth it, but last weekend dusting the flock for mites he had both of my black oegb pair in his hands and they were totally fine and well behaved for it. The rest of the flock wasn't bad but Minnie and Mickey scored some points. :) He too is learning more and more about the flock and the birds and I'm so proud and grateful that they're winning him over.

I just tried to "pm" you, but the system wouldn't work. Last year I got two of the khaki campbells that hatched out of the Clifton grade school, I believe. I am just wondering if the eggs came from you. I need two more not related hens, or chicks or something. Someone on here told me not to crossbreed siblings. Can we talk sometime soon? I'm in Gilman. Thanks.

I read all the post above, I have 2 marans hens, but I sold my marans cockerel. I could check with Dena, the woman who bought him and see if she has any BBS Marans available. @Faraday40 your not going to believe this, if you end up with an extra Lavender cockerel, I could use him this year perhaps. I should have kept one of the 2 from last year. Thinking of making some Isabel Orps, if I have room. I also started a test hatch, day 2 and can already see growth in the 4 SL bantam cochin eggs, but hoping for better fertility on the Orpington eggs this time around. It also seems that egg production has been affected by rehoming Thor, Crazy Toes and Sophia. Egg count was down, yesterday and today, only 2 eggs. Hmmmmm, seems the ladies are missing the big boy! Hope they bounce back.

Back
Top Bottom