Illinois...

@Beckasue2Beckasue2, I live in Fowler. I have two Easter Egger pullets, and what I found out from this site, are probably Rhode Island Reds, pullet and cockerel. I bought them at Farm and Home Supply in Quincy. The RRRs were supposed to be Cinnamon Queens pullets. I had RRRs years ago, and they were good layers, but I wasn't wanting a rooster this time.

Last edited:
Hatching time!

Our overflowing incubator

Just 'cause they're cute...

Our brooder is full again!
Anyone need chicks?
They are adorable! If I wasn't over flowing with chicks myself, I wouldn't be able to resist.

Well, its time to move my new frizzle mottled bantam cochin out with his girls this weekend and move a couple of the mottled Orps and laced orp out to the big coop. Hoping he is going to be nicer to them than he is to me. Perhaps it is hormones and the solitude, that is getting to him. We shall see, I can see a future ankle pecker in the pen.

rlep, sorry to hear they messed up on your Cin. Queens. My neighbor/friend got some Cin. Queens there. Earlier, we made a trip down to Cackle Hatchery in MO. That's where I got my chicks. Next time, I think I'll do it via mail. The ride was too long. One of my Barred Rocks might be a cockerel, but I don't think so. I think she's just an alpha hen. I've got 2 Barred Rocks, 3 Buff Orpingtons (2 pullets, 1 cockerel), 1 Silver Laced Black Wyandotte, and 1 Speckled Sussex. I'm not sure why I went ahead and got the cockerel. It was an impulse. But, Gary is turning out to be a favorite of mine.

My Ginger is now Bob.
I see that you are accepting BOB with a good attitude.
hugs.gif
. Sexing chicks is only 94% successful, at best by the EXPERTS. Sexlinks, do get close to 100%.. There is always a possibility of extreme in everything. Sometimes there is a slip of the handler and nobody is going to redo a huge batch just to find one or two. Just consider it such that you saved Bob's life.
yesss.gif

Morning all!

I was looking for Corid my area (60046) my local feed store doesn't carry it and the rep hasn't gotten back to me yet.

I will be traveling southwards today near Dupage county (northern end) if there are any places there too.

Where do you purchase it from?

Morning all!

I was looking for Corid my area (60046) my local feed store doesn't carry it and the rep hasn't gotten back to me yet.

I will be traveling southwards today near Dupage county (northern end) if there are any places there too.

I do not know of any in Northern DuPage. The 2 I knew of in DuPage closed about 10-15 years ago.

The 4 stores we use are:

Ludwigs Feed Store Corp.
13205 131st Street
Lemont, IL 60439
http://ludwigsfeedstore.com/

Big R Address: 15830 S Bell Rd, Homer Glen, IL 60491 Phone:(708) 645-0805

Farm and Fleet Address: 400 US-30, Montgomery, IL 60538 Phone:(630) 801-0232

Rural King Address: 15606 US-34, Plano, IL 60545 Phone:(630) 552-8754

There's also J&M Feed 6928 Wolf Rd, Indian Head Park, IL 60525 (closed on Mondays) They're small & more expensive in my opinion.

Morning all!

I saw it on Amazon this morning - don't know if the pricing is reasonable or not though.

Back
Top Bottom