Illinois...

Just an update on my 3 Polish Cuties They are just over 4 weeks now and growing like weeds.. :lau They are all healthy as well. Another few weeks and will start to introduce them to the resident flock. Signed up for some online photo classes. Now I'm getting better :gig
Very nice pics the classes are definitely helping lol. Those are some adorable chicks.

Just an update on my 3 Polish Cuties They are just over 4 weeks now and growing like weeds..
lau.gif

They are all healthy as well. Another few weeks and will start to introduce them to the resident flock.

Signed up for some online photo classes. Now I'm getting better
gig.gif
Well, those Polish chicks are completely adorable. They seem to know it too. What a trio you have!

It's OK when 3 broody bantams squeeze into a nesting box but it's ridiculous when it's 3 LF Orpingtons

And then I found this stash behind the nesting boxes with a bantam sitting on these

Last edited:
It's OK when 3 broody bantams squeeze into a nesting box but it's ridiculous when it's 3 LF Orpingtons

And then I found this stash behind the nesting boxes with a bantam sitting on these
First pix. Maybe they think its winter and are trying to stay warm..
gig.gif

In the second pix, some of those may be halfway done towards hatching. Not laughing here because it may be possible. Most of your eggs are possibly fertile? correct?

I guess your flock has "broody fever" pretty bad. I read that it was "contagious," but I've never seen a LF orp go broody. Can't believe you have 3 of them!
Good luck!

I guess your flock has "broody fever" pretty bad. I read that it was "contagious," but I've never seen a LF orp go broody. Can't believe you have 3 of them!
Good luck!

Its driving me nuts! I forgot to mention in my earlier post that my blue Marans has also joined in on the broody train as of last night, which makes a total of 9 broody hens. So now I have to pull out the nesting boxes (aka Rubbermaid bins) because the broody's are taking up the majority of the nesting boxes throughout the day. I new something was up cause egg production seemed low, so decided to pull out the boxes last night at lock up. Ugggg, and @cavemanrich they couldn't have been that far along, egg collection was only low the last week or so. At the moment I have my SL bantam cochin roo in my big coop with the LF hens, all the bantam hens are all broody. I can't break any of them, if I were to let them hatch anything, it would be the couple of bantam eggs and I have decided to just let them do that.
he.gif
even though I don't want to.

Moving a broody will often break them . Sure cure is put then in with a lot of roosters and no nest . I usually have a pen of extra roosters .

Back
Top Bottom