Illinois...

Ok need to find homes for some chicks. So if you or if you know anyone you can have them for free. I am having no luck with craiglist. I have a pair of mottled a Jubilee pair and 2 cockerels 2 sl both look like boys a chocolate cuckoo boy and lots of pure blacks blacks split to SL and black split to mottled. I also am rehoming my trio of pure blacks from Heirloom. I need to downsize. So if your interested or know of anyone let me know

I don't have room for all six, but if you were splitting the flock I could rehome one or two of the Americanas. Good luck!

Last edited:
Ok need to find homes for some chicks. So if you or if you know anyone you can have them for free. I am having no luck with craiglist. I have a pair of mottled a Jubilee pair and 2 cockerels 2 sl both look like boys a chocolate cuckoo boy and lots of pure blacks blacks split to SL and black split to mottled. I also am rehoming my trio of pure blacks from Heirloom. I need to downsize. So if your interested or know of anyone let me know
You could try in this group.. people from woodstock IL to Indiana list chicks
https://www.facebook.com/groups/125562410875636/?ref=group_cover
I have 17 in the brooder and 27 in the incubator LOL

I have a big case of "incubator envy."

I stopped by my next school to drop off some hatching eggs. The teacher has hatched in the past using one of the school incubators- got 50% hatch - and then tried a brand new Farm Innovations last year - and got another 50% hatch. So this year, she talked the school board into a Brinsea Advanced with auto everything! (I doubt I could even afford the humidity pump!) I'm glad I gave her 24 eggs. I'd hate to see those empty spaces. The lucky gal has 3 unused incubators sitting in her classroom closet and a shiny new Brinsea up and running. Now all she must do is set it up & expect chicks in 3 weeks. When DH came home I told him about my visit & seeing the coolest incubator ever. He simply rolled his eyes. He said it would be too dangerous if I had one. LOL It's true & he knows me very well.

Funny story of the day.....

My kids came along when I taught a preschool class last week. It was a great time & DD had Bubbles do her psychic chicken card trick. She's got a serous fan club around town. (Both the hen & DD) My youngest son wanted to make the craft the other teacher had prepared, so he did. I thought it looked cute & hung it up at home.

Today DS asks me, "Why did you hang that up?"
Me "Because you made it, and it's very good."
DS "Mom, you know that poster's impossible, right?."
Me "What do you mean?"
DS "Duh! There's no rooster, so the egg's not fertile. It would never hatch!"

He's right!
lau.gif

Two college educated women didn't even think about it, but 7 yr old explains the obvious.

Tomorrow's hatch day. I can't wait to hear what the kids will have to say.

Last edited:
Funny story of the day.....

My kids came along when I taught a preschool class last week. It was a great time & DD had Bubbles do her psychic chicken card trick. She's got a serous fan club around town. (Both the hen & DD) My youngest son wanted to make the craft the other teacher had prepared, so he did. I thought it looked cute & hung it up at home.

Today DS asks me, "Why did you hang that up?"
Me "Because you made it, and it's very good."
DS "Mom, you know that poster's impossible, right?."
Me "What do you mean?"
DS "Duh! There's no rooster, so the egg's not fertile. It would never hatch!"

He's right!
lau.gif

Two college educated women didn't even think about it, but 7 yr old explains the obvious.

Tomorrow's hatch day. I can't wait to hear what the kids will have to say.

That story is too cute and funny!

Ive taken the last two rain free days to paint like a maniac. Tomorrow we start the hardware cloth, wont finish it because we are gonna try to see guardians of the galaxy at the drive in! We had one by my parents house growing up and it was such a fun way to spend a night. Cant wait for the exchange students to experience it. But heres where the coop stands for now...

Ive taken the last two rain free days to paint like a maniac. Tomorrow we start the hardware cloth, wont finish it because we are gonna try to see guardians of the galaxy at the drive in! We had one by my parents house growing up and it was such a fun way to spend a night. Cant wait for the exchange students to experience it. But heres where the coop stands for now...

Yeah there is a small one screen drive about 5 minutes from our house actually! I was very excited to learn about it. Do a google search, I feel like I found a few more in the near to Chicago area when I looked. Its a very unique experience I think every one should get. They tore the one down in my hometown to build a hospital when I was away at college. I was very sad when I came home and it was gone.

And thank you! I am so loving how its turned out. We had some last minute adjustments, adding in more ventilation and the like, so finally almost being done is such a relief.

Back
Top Bottom