Illinois...

My problem & why I'm testing fertility is Mr Dummy. In addition to frozen eggs, Dummy's old & last summer Moose & Brick did almost all the mating. I think I'll have less than 50% develop. This week (finally) I saw Mr Wonderful make a few moves. Not sure if he's been successful at mating, but the poor hens have been squatting all the time for weeks. Once Dummy walked through a cloud by the dust bathing area & it caused a sneeze. As his head went down from the sneeze, 3 diff hens squatted. LOL
:lau ...But, I'm not sure if they're desperate enough to submit to a young male. Mr Wonderful tends to stay with all the new 2017 pullets and Dummy has all the hens from 2012-2016. Then there's Trouble, whom no rooster has figured out!

Got excited & tried candling last night. (day 6-7) Didn't see any development in any eggs. Hopefully it's just too early, so I'll do my best to wait a few more days.

Thank you and hello! Where are u located? Any Lavendar? I have being shipped but would be interested in some I could pick up!
We're in the western suburbs of Chicago.
We've had lavs for maybe 4-5yrs now.... but having roo issues at the moment. Hopefully some trimming will improve fertility.
Muppet copy.jpg
*You can click on the photo to enlarge.
This year I'll be trying my new laced orps. (SLO and blue SLO project)
IMG_6869 copy.jpg IMG_6933 copy.jpg

In May I do a lot of hatching with the local schools & end up with a chick glut. That's the best time to look for chicks.

We're in the western suburbs of Chicago.
We've had lavs for maybe 4-5yrs now.... but having roo issues at the moment. Hopefully some trimming will improve fertility.
View attachment 1253318
*You can click on the photo to enlarge.
This year I'll be trying my new laced orps. (SLO and blue SLO project)
View attachment 1253316 View attachment 1253317

In May I do a lot of hatching with the local schools & end up with a chick glut. That's the best time to look for chicks.
Beautiful! Well if you have any eggs you would be willing to sell. We are trying to get some going for the local kids here! Thanks so much!!

Beautiful! Well if you have any eggs you would be willing to sell. We are trying to get some going for the local kids here! Thanks so much!!
I won't be selling eggs for a while until I can be sure they're fertile. (I'm guessing I've got only 50% now so I'm trouble-shooting.) Once it's worked out, we'll hit spring rush when the schools start hatching. By late spring / summer we may be able to sell eggs.

Hi Everyone! Have been away for a while due to work.

I have 2 Blue Jubilee cockerels and 1 Jubilee pullet hatched Jun-17th form Papa's Poultry's stock. Let me know if anyone is interested before I decided to have them processed. My crazy neighbor is at it again with calling the cops over and over.

Back
Top Bottom