Illinois...

I don't remember if I've updated you guys today.

My brother went back to the hospital for another surgery today to clean, repack, check healing, and clean/change his wound vac out.

He is awake and they already headed home.

However the opposite side of his pelvis and hip are now swollen and painful.

I will continue to update you all as I hear more. Thank you all for your continued prayers.

FREE TO GOOD HOME or trade for a bag of layer feed.

5 adorable baby chicks, 1 week old.

Bantam polish & bantam cochins,

Best guess is 3 girls, 2boys (not guaranteed of course).

All very healthy.

Local pickup in Aurora, IL.

Message OR text at 630-664-07-three-four if interested.

pics of all chicks and parents to follow.
chicks (4).jpg

chick 5 (2).jpg
chick 3.jpg
chick 1 (2).jpg
chick 1.jpg
chick 2.jpg

Jeffie.jpg
peep.jpg
IMG_20190224_170102223.jpg

FREE TO GOOD HOME or trade for a bag of layer feed.

5 adorable baby chicks, 1 week old.

Bantam polish & bantam cochins,

Best guess is 3 girls, 2boys (not guaranteed of course).

All very healthy.

Local pickup in Aurora, IL.

Message OR text at 630-664-07-three-four if interested.

pics of all chicks and parents to follow.
View attachment 1760961
View attachment 1760962 View attachment 1760959 View attachment 1760960 View attachment 1760963 View attachment 1760964
View attachment 1760966 View attachment 1760965 View attachment 1760967
So tempting! I have chicks in the brooder though and still hoping to get turkey poults/eggs. No room here for these bantams.

Last edited:
So tempting! I have chicks in the brooder though and still hoping to get turkey poults/eggs. No room here for these bantams.
Stay strong @BReeder!

The last turkey egg (in Hovabator) has not pipped. I candled yesterday at 3pm & saw that the air cell is not very large. I heard no peeping when I tapped on the egg, and the egg was mostly shadow. All I can do is wait another day. That incubator had chicks hatch on Wed/Thurs, so it must have been running a bit cool. The Brinsea & Coolerbator were early/on-time. The incuview was more spread out with hatching on Sunday - Wed. Much has to do with the operators/ teachers and their experience, so my 9 yr old's scientific test of the various machines has some variable control issues. LOL (Of course being 9, I think it was a great idea.) I also did not want to clutter the house with all those incubators and then chicks! It was more of a way to piggy back his project on my classes.

If the turkey does not hatch, I will probably give one of my poults to the preschool. Every child & teacher have been checking on it, so it's not like it can go quietly missing.

As of last night the other blue slate is missing and I'm hoping she's only broody somewhere. No signs that anything grabbed her and it would have to be pretty large to accomplish it.

Unfortunately we haven't been able to find her I don't mind if she goes broody but I'd like it if she did it somewhere safe.

We'll look more later.

I don't think she can have very many eggs hidden but maybe.

The calico jenny is now all alone with the three jakes. Except the chickens of course. She seems content but I do continue to worry.

Back
Top Bottom