Illinois...

We found out that she didnt have her colon removed. while they could see the infection it doesnt look dead or dieing.

they placed a temporary ostomy to infuse antibiotics directly into the colon as well as the oral and iv meds.

she may still lose her colon tomorrow they will make that decision.

for now they left the incision open

she is also on dialysis as her kidneys are still shut down. they feel confident they will start up again and heal if she can kick this.

Very sorry to hear!

we just got a call from Mike's sister. Mom is declining again. they are taking her to surgery again to remove her colon in a last ditch effort to save her. if they didnt try this she would for sure pass in the next few days and it would be slow and painful

Mom made it through the surgery but it's not looking good. They removed her colon which had a lot of bleeding. The rest of her intestines also had bleeding. They cauterized what they could in there. She is getting an antibiotic infusion right now.

The children will be getting together as soon as the third makes it up to decide if we want to keep going with treatments and potentially take her back to surgery in the event of more internal bleeding.

She's still on dialysis and we are unsure what her mental state will be if she makes it and wakes up. She is under no sedation but is not conscious and unresponsive.

Right now I think it mostly depends on if she starts producing her own platelets and red blood cells.

we just got a call from Mike's sister. Mom is declining again. they are taking her to surgery again to remove her colon in a last ditch effort to save her. if they didnt try this she would for sure pass in the next few days and it would be slow and painful

Mom made it through the surgery but it's not looking good. They removed her colon which had a lot of bleeding. The rest of her intestines also had bleeding. They cauterized what they could in there. She is getting an antibiotic infusion right now.

The children will be getting together as soon as the third makes it up to decide if we want to keep going with treatments and potentially take her back to surgery in the event of more internal bleeding.

She's still on dialysis and we are unsure what her mental state will be if she makes it and wakes up. She is under no sedation but is not conscious and unresponsive.

Right now I think it mostly depends on if she starts producing her own platelets and red blood cells.
:hugs
Hang in there my friend. (This is not the news I was looking forward to reading when I logged in this morning.) All we can do is pray and try to give comfort to your DH2B.

Thanks for the update.
Praying

Back
Top Bottom