Illinois...

@BReeder!
How are your quail laying now? Are you still hatching, growing out, & processing them on a reg basis?

My son continues to ask for quail. (I honestly thought he would have forgotten by now.) When the home life here calms down a bit, I'll probably be coming to you. Please keep our family in your prayers. There's a lot going on.

I ended up processing "Mr Nice Guy." I still have one more roo to go but I'm really dragging my feet. The boys get along and are keeping each other warm at night, so I'm delaying the decision for now. I'm also selling 2-3 big orp hens(Glow, Cupcake, & maybe Big Blue). I know they're going to a great home but there's still sadness.

Big Blue
Big Blue.jpg

Big Blue (last month) showing off her butt fluff
IMG_1183 (2).jpg

Cupcake is also HUGE! She's both fluffy & heavy.
Cupcake.jpg

Beautiful Glow
IMG_1342 (2).JPG

@BReeder! Congrats on the duck egg. How's the baby?

It was COLD out there this morning! I've gotten used to the mild weather.
🥶
Baby DD is doing great. She refuses to keep socks on and kicks her blanket off like it's a sport. She's learning to play already. DS is loving every moment of being a big brother.

@BReeder!
How are your quail laying now? Are you still hatching, growing out, & processing them on a reg basis?

My son continues to ask for quail. (I honestly thought he would have forgotten by now.) When the home life here calms down a bit, I'll probably be coming to you. Please keep our family in your prayers. There's a lot going on.

I ended up processing "Mr Nice Guy." I still have one more roo to go but I'm really dragging my feet. The boys get along and are keeping each other warm at night, so I'm delaying the decision for now. I'm also selling 2-3 big orp hens(Glow, Cupcake, & maybe Big Blue). I know they're going to a great home but there's still sadness.

Big Blue
View attachment 2006682
Big Blue (last month) showing off her butt fluffView attachment 2006684
Cupcake is also HUGE! She's both fluffy & heavy.
View attachment 2006683
Beautiful Glow
View attachment 2006685
The quail are laying quite well. I haven't hatched in several months since a newborn has kept homelife busy. I have been thinking about pulling out the incubator soon though. I may shoot for a Leap Year hatch.

2 more duck eggs! :wee
Who knew ducks would lay in this crappy weather? I'll take the eggs though. We didn't collect eggs yesterday, so it's possible it's just one duck laying and she laid yesterday and today. I also collected 6 chicken eggs (again that's yesterday and today's eggs though).

If I can collect an average of 3 chicken eggs and 1 duck egg per day, I'll have a surplus again pretty soon.

My girls were laying well..... until I got rid of some flock members. Now in response, they went on strike. I was getting 3-5 eggs daily from the bantam coop & now I'm getting ONE. I was getting about 6 eggs from the main coop and now I'm down to 1-2 per day.
Temperamental chickens!

This icky, wet weather is flooding the run. I have a few skating rinks and/or muddy, poopy, sand pits depending on the temps. Do the chickens stay where it's dry? NOPE Their feet are disgusting!

My girls were laying well..... until I got rid of some flock members. Now in response, they went on strike. I was getting 3-5 eggs daily from the bantam coop & now I'm getting ONE. I was getting about 6 eggs from the main coop and now I'm down to 1-2 per day.
Temperamental chickens!

This icky, wet weather is flooding the run. I have a few skating rinks and/or muddy, poopy, sand pits depending on the temps. Do the chickens stay where it's dry? NOPE Their feet are disgusting!
My eggs match their feet :sick

Back
Top Bottom