Illinois...

I'm doing the drive-thru pick up for the first time at Farm & fleet tomorrow. Very excited to do this, and not have to lug the two bags of chicken feed and two boxes of cat litter and assorted other things through the whole store. It'll also keep me out of the candy aisle.
It's been working great for me for the past year. The last time I went, though, there was actually a short line of cars. Still much faster than walking around and spending extra money.

PS- For me it's the cherry sours but the kids always want the gummies.

I'm doing the drive-thru pick up for the first time at Farm & fleet tomorrow. Very excited to do this, and not have to lug the two bags of chicken feed and two boxes of cat litter and assorted other things through the whole store. It'll also keep me out of the candy aisle.
Hopefully we can still choose to go in? I rather shop for myself. I have to go tomorrow to get ready for chicks

Here's Cookie this morning with "HER" chicks:
IMG_3758.JPG

For some reason I have this song going through my head...
Can you spot the different baby?

Good morning! I haven't been on BYC in days. This post is a bit long to catch up.

New turkey poults are doing well, @Faraday40 and @Molpet. The big turkeys, Supper and Dinner, are doing well too and beginning to look plump. :drool
20200528_192706.jpg

@Molpet, those are from your flock as well as the black cornish X in this pic, "Duck" the chicken. All are well and plump actually. Duck is molting though so her feathering looks a bit patchy right now.

My five chicks are big enough to integrate into the flock, but they are apparently still small enough to squeeze through the fence. We found out the hard way as a neighbor brought one back to us.:he They are all accounted for and back in the outdoor brooder (large dog crate) until I can tack some wire up. @Faraday40, the one that got out was not an orp. Those two are definitely too fat to get through the fence. :lau

This little bird was on the planter by my front door the other day. Any idea what it is? It sat there for several minutes while I looked at it (and it looked at me) and took pictures.
20200528_191648.jpg

Lastly, I managed to get some landscaping done yesterday. I extended our river rock lawn edging and lights down the driveway and planted a few tiny marigolds in between the lights. Hopefully they'll grow well and bush out soon. Next year I think I will plant day lilies instead so I don't have to replant every year. They were expensive though at $7.98 for one plant. Anout 5 years ago I remember I was able to get a full tray of day lily starts and they were far more economical. I also dug up the grass around one of three trees, cutting an edge as I went, and then mulched around it. I need to still do the silver maple on the far right and the smaller red maple behind it. A lot of work...
20200531_070529.jpg

That's all I have for today. I'm off to go help a friend with a small construction project.
Catch you all later!

Back
Top Bottom