Illinois...

I wasn't ready with the first and tossed it. I'm expecting more tonight though. Not sure I would eat it (though honestly wouldn't be the worst I've tried to eat, or even close), but why not cook it and feed to the chickens? I am considering it. Though would have to be outside maybe not even the grill or DW would not be happy lol.
Boil it up and don't use ANY SALT,,, Protein is protein.

Some of my meat mutts
Left will be 16 weeks on Nov 3 rd
I think he has long legs for being 1/2 dark Cornish and part CX
The bucket is 2 gallons
KIMG0291_01.JPG

I wasn't ready with the first and tossed it. I'm expecting more tonight though. Not sure I would eat it (though honestly wouldn't be the worst I've tried to eat, or even close), but why not cook it and feed to the chickens? I am considering it. Though would have to be outside maybe not even the grill or DW would not be happy lol.

Definitely feed it to the chickens! It's a fitting end.

My 4 new chicks hatch on Monday! I put a name suggestion list on the dry erase board and one of my boys added "Taco" to the list. It's not all bad! 😂 Getting my egg basket some new colors with an Ameraucana, Cream Legbar, Olive Egger and an EE. Just when I thought I got the chickens out of the house... But I can't wait to hear their little peeps again!

The Ameraucana is going to be Betsy and I won't let them talk me into Martha, Peggy or Rosie. Betsy it is. So I may have to give in on Taco and I'll add your suggestions to the board for consideration. 😂
Be careful about letting the kids name chickens. That's how we got "Mr Dummy-Pants" Sweetest rooster ever - worst name.
IMG_7185 copy.jpg
IMG_4371 copy.jpg

PS- Taco is a cute name - especially if the chick is a little feisty.

I had a pretty white chicken we named "Boo". Her sister was always by her side, so she was named "Peek." This inseparable pair were known as : Peek & Boo.

Back
Top Bottom