Illinois...

There is definitely a difference in non soy feed. Only question now is is the difference due to protein level or hormone level? I see lots of pics of RIR big hens then look at mine. I'm not lacking on eggs at all though. Even my wyandotte is a lightweight.
View attachment 2611233
Are the ticks and mites under control now? Could that be why they are lightweights? Perhaps they were drained by the blood suckers.

Are the ticks and mites under control now? Could that be why they are lightweights? Perhaps they were drained by the blood suckers.
I dont think so but possible. Layers were skinny before I ever seen a mite. It's still possible I had a problem and didn't know but I've never gotten bites (on me) before.
Plus eggs have been abundant, they lay less when they are stressed. I should have noticed bites simply because of this lady and her habit.
20210319_181708.jpg

Egg anyone?
My duck laid an abnormally large egg. It wont even go in an egg carton!😂View attachment 2611975
Outside chance,but,,,,,,,,,,,,, is it a possibility duck swallowed one of the Easter Eggs you hid in the yard for your children,,,,,,,,,( plastic loaded with chocolate) and now expressed this combo. ??? :old Its like breakfast and dessert in one package.:idunno

Not saying she's the one but I'm fostering a lovely dog from All Herding Breed Dog Rescue of Illinois.
View attachment 2595549
She is a professional chill dog. Excells at napping. Good with chickens, cats and other dogs, will not tolerate them near her lady parts though.
She doesn't know any word commands, but learning quickly.
I have this good girl home :celebrate
She does know out and my cat likes her.
Now I need a name. So far I call her good girl.

Back
Top Bottom