Illinois...

Here's a reminder about a big poultry swap this Saturday, September 18 in Silex, MO.
It runs from 8 AM till noon. Action starts early and often goes beyond noon but in the past some people are starting to leave by 10AM.
This is the annual Fall Poultry Fest run by the River Hills Farmers' Market at the Central Elevator in Silex. From US 61, go west on Highway E through Silex till you get to the elevator.
https://www.google.com/maps/place/C...86e13baee50c2ac!8m2!3d39.1058579!4d-91.086921

There will be many farmers from area states with all species and breeds of poultry as well as other livestock. Lots of equipment for sale, a seasonal farmers' market. Many rarer breeds of chickens like Blue Orpingtons, Golden Campines, Barred Hollands and possibly Penedesencas.

Open to all and no admission fees nor vendors fees.

For more information on this event and to join the River Hills Farmers’ Market, contact numbers are (636) 697-3447, or (573) 485-7261.

It is just across the river from Hardin, IL. However the closest bridges are at Louisiana and Alton>

Last edited:
Here's a reminder about a big poultry swap this Saturday, September 18 in Silex, MO.
It runs from 8 AM till noon. Action starts early and often goes beyond noon but in the past some people are starting to leave by 10AM.
This is the annual Fall Poultry Fest run by the River Hills Farmers' Market at the Central Elevator in Silex. From US 61, go west on Highway E through Silex till you get to the elevator.
https://www.google.com/maps/place/C...86e13baee50c2ac!8m2!3d39.1058579!4d-91.086921

There will be many farmers from area states with all species and breeds of poultry as well as other livestock. Lots of equipment for sale, a seasonal farmers' market. Many rarer breeds of chickens like Blue Orpingtons, Golden Campines, Barred Hollands and possibly Penedesencas.

Open to all and no admission fees nor vendors fees.

For more information on this event and to join the River Hills Farmers’ Market, contact numbers are (636) 697-3447, or (573) 485-7261.
Sounds great! I won't be able to go (and probably should stay far away to avoid temptation). But, I hope those that make it have a great time!

Terrible day 😔
Did a feed run and he told me he was going to put the place up for sale. Going to quit selling feed when he runs out. ...a couple months.

@WhyDoILikeChickens and whoever else was splitting the order from Tamblyn Feed
Thank you for posting this. I’ll contact John.

@homeschoolin momma
The lonely-onlys have really bonded to each other. I wish I had the room to keep them. They are still spoiled house chickens and like to watch TV at night.
IMG_8593 (2).jpg
IMG_8598 (2).jpg

These cuties hatched mid June. In July I snuck them under my Spitzhauben with her newly hatched orpington chicks. I sold all the orp chicks by the 1st few days of September, so the Spitz was allowed to free range. I expected them to separate from her at that time but they're still together. Not always as close during the day..... but they sleep under her wings at night. So adorable! Unnecessary, but adorable!

Mini cockerel started crowing in August and already tidbits for the ladies. He pretends to be in charge - but runs away or under mama at the 1st sign of trouble. :lau
IMG_2382.jpg
IMG_8576 (2).jpg

Back
Top Bottom