Illinois...

Here's Xansie (pink silkie who's been broody since early August) She's a molting mess! No muffs, thinning crest, and messy beak. Her chicks hatched a week ago. One light silkied serama (has touch of gray) is from Popcorn. One dark smooth serama is from Luna. Teddy father of both. Xansie only related via hatching mama.
Xansie.jpg
dark.jpg
IMG_2427 (002).jpg

Mine are all half-naked these days. I keep wanting to take new pictures and then am all "nah" But the "babies" become big girls in a week so feathers or no I'll have to take pictures to celebrate their graduation from pullets to hens.

And in other news, I am trying to collect all 50 Disney happy meal toys only we really don't eat McDonalds and when we do, my giant teenage children need more than a happy meal...so the chickens have been getting snacks -- hopefully whatever protein is in those things is helping with those feathers!

Attachments

• 242225338_10157956056201529_3733569922869276593_n.jpg
    242225338_10157956056201529_3733569922869276593_n.jpg
    620.1 KB · Views: 1
Mine are all half-naked these days. I keep wanting to take new pictures and then am all "nah" But the "babies" become big girls in a week so feathers or no I'll have to take pictures to celebrate their graduation from pullets to hens.

And in other news, I am trying to collect all 50 Disney happy meal toys only we really don't eat McDonalds and when we do, my giant teenage children need more than a happy meal...so the chickens have been getting snacks -- hopefully whatever protein is in those things is helping with those feathers!
You know you can pay for just the toy? They'll charge you like $1-$2.

You know you can pay for just the toy? They'll charge you like $1-$2.

Some will and some won't. I have been able to buy just the toy from a few at $1.79 each but others want you to buy the whole meal. With 50 of them, I am stopping at every McDonalds I pass to ask. LOL!! And some are really nice and will let you pick which ones you want and others are super jerks about it. I get it, Disney people are cray cray, but I never ever go to McDonalds and they are making money hand over fist on us cray cray Disney people right now.

Mine are all half-naked these days.
I understand completely.

My yard has so many feathers that you'd think there was a predator attack. My neighbor 3 houses down is even finding chicken feathers in her yard. She was worried it was evidence that something tragic happened. I'm seeing feathers throughout the block!
:oops:

On the bright side, I'm getting great big turkey tail feather bouquets. When kids visit, I can send them home with pretty souvenirs.

Can you get banned on BYC?

I'm usually very PC on social media, including BYC. However, in a different thread I just ranted and put somebody in their place for attempting to impose their opinion on me when it was not asked for. Wondering if my account is at risk of being banned now... Oops! No regrets though. :)

Can you get banned on BYC?

I'm usually very PC on social media, including BYC. However, in a different thread I just ranted and put somebody in their place for attempting to impose their opinion on me when it was not asked for. Wondering if my account is at risk of being banned now... Oops! No regrets though. :)

Now you know we all want to know what it was!!! 😁😎

Back
Top Bottom