Illinois...

That's also my husband's opinion. DS LOVES the snow (& penguins). He wants to visit Antarctica someday.

I'm with the warm-weather crowd. Warm enough to not wear coats & cool enough not to sweat a lot.

Yet, Sometimes playing in snow can be fun. DS made some snow-chickens (which were later eaten by the chickens)

Can you name the breeds?

View attachment 2964032
View attachment 2964042
Left to right:
Orpington, Spitzhauben, Serama (a big one LOL)
I was going to say orp, silkie and serama

Shame he wasn't looking earlier
Anybody have any left?
This is on mewe.
I think he lives in Gardner
Screenshot_20220121-121858.png

I've been MIA for a while, just a lot of chaos in my world lately.

For those of you local to me shop at Ludwig's, my aunt passed away today. She'd have been 93 years old next week. Raised 5 kids in that little farm house next to the feed store. She hasn't been around the store for years now but I think some of you have been going there long enough that you might have known her. End of an era! She was my Nana's baby sister and the last of that generation.

I've been MIA for a while, just a lot of chaos in my world lately.

For those of you local to me shop at Ludwig's, my aunt passed away today. She'd have been 93 years old next week. Raised 5 kids in that little farm house next to the feed store. She hasn't been around the store for years now but I think some of you have been going there long enough that you might have known her. End of an era! She was my Nana's baby sister and the last of that generation.
I am so sorry to hear that. I did meet her one day in the parking lot.

Slept in until just a bit ago. Apparently it snowed. Thanks @Molpet for the heads up. Your message about Annie liking the fluffy snow is what just made me look out the window.

@SnootyHen sorry for your loss. I never met her, but I've been to Ludwig's and can say your Aunt helped build a wonderful business.

We spent the last few days putting my Uncle to rest. He was only 56. He unexpectedly died suddenly last weekend. It's not an easy thing to go through.

Well, I guess I should get up on my feet. Chickens and ducks need to get fed and I need to go run the snow blower.

Slept in until just a bit ago. Apparently it snowed. Thanks @Molpet for the heads up. Your message about Annie liking the fluffy snow is what just made me look out the window.

@SnootyHen sorry for your loss. I never met her, but I've been to Ludwig's and can say your Aunt helped build a wonderful business.

We spent the last few days putting my Uncle to rest. He was only 56. He unexpectedly died suddenly last weekend. It's not an easy thing to go through.

Well, I guess I should get up on my feet. Chickens and ducks need to get fed and I need to go run the snow blower.
Sorry for your loss.

Back
Top Bottom