Illinois...

DS has absolutely no Covid symptoms. When we received the email, we opened the attached results right away. We expected a negative result and thought we might be able to quickly get him on the bus. Very surprising to read he's positive.

This morning, DH & I filled out the online questionnaire associated with our doctor's network. Due to our exposure, we were given a list of their 3 drive through test sites, which are open daily from 8am-4pm. Yet, when we got there, it was CLOSED! The sign said it was closed for the rest of the day due to high volume. Seriously?! Isn't high volume a reason to increase testing services? So, we had to find and register for a different drive through test site. Finally done and awaiting results.
High volume had closed places early, when I was looking to get tested, because they ran out of test kits

Anyone looking for a good barn kitten? She is mouse chasing and friendly to chickens. She is feral and has been with my chickens about 4 mos. now
IMG_20220211_151645.jpg

Such cats are good to have.. All my cats are feral rescues, and all are chicken friendly.
Are you not able to keep him/her??:caf
I would but it is female. I just don't have the funds to get her fixed or the extra cost for fleas on her and chickens. Deworming her and chickens. She will bring toms around if not fixed. She lives with the chickens and refuses to shelter outside the coop. She is just starting to allow me to touch her (only when she wants though). I don't want to take her to animal control they will put her down.

I went to Farm and Fleet today. They are getting ready for Spring with chicken coops, ag equipment and garden seeds in the front display area. Their garden supply section is stocked too. Anybody looking for a deal on feed, F&L has the 50lb AgriMaster Layer pellet and crumle for $12.99 each and several other brands of feed are buy 3 get 1 free in 40lb bags. I didn't look for chick starter prices but did notice somebody with 2 flat bed cats pulled high with chick starter so I assume it was on sale too for anybody who is hatching eggs.

On another note, why the heck is wil bird seed more expensive than chicken feed? I paid $10 for 20lb off bird seed. I told DS I'm about to start putting layer crumble in the bird feeder because at the current sale price of $12.99 for 50lb it's HALF the price of the cheapest bird seed (which calculates to $25 for 50lb).

On another note, why the heck is wil bird seed more expensive than chicken feed? I paid $10 for 20lb off bird seed. I told DS I'm about to start putting layer crumble in the bird feeder because at the current sale price of $12.99 for 50lb it's HALF the price of the cheapest bird seed (which calculates to $25 for 50lb).
I just picked up layer pellet at rural king for 11.99 a 50lb bag. It went up a dollar.
I would feed them the chicken feed. They are always trying to steal it anyways lol.

I just picked up layer pellet at rural king for 11.99 a 50lb bag. It went up a dollar.
I would feed them the chicken feed. They are always trying to steal it anyways lol.
That's a great price. Here the regular price on my feed is $14.99 no I think. $12.99 is because it's on sale. The problem for me is that the nearest Rural King would cost me more in gas to get there and back than I would save on feed. I've been there once. I might go back though if I ever start raising meat rabbits. I heard they sell them.

That's a great price. Here the regular price on my feed is $14.99 no I think. $12.99 is because it's on sale. The problem for me is that the nearest Rural King would cost me more in gas to get there and back than I would save on feed. I've been there once. I might go back though if I ever start raising meat rabbits. I heard they sell them.
Mine sells pet and meat rabbits plus all the livestock birds. I would call them before going not all are equal. I stopped at one when I was in vandallia Il. and found they don't do rabbits but did do rare chickens breeds. The one next to me only deal in the common breeds.

Back
Top Bottom