Illinois...

There's bound to be a male in need of a home. @homeschoolin momma also may have some in the upcoming weeks
It looks like my partial slo and slo chicks are both roos. Possibly the black one raised by the two serama mommas. That ones comb is weird, like a serama took a chunk out of the middle. Well over 6 weeks, and no wattle growth.

If you haven't found on in about 6 weeks, let me know. I have some eggs in the incubator. There's bound to be a male in need of a home. @homeschoolin momma also may have some in the upcoming weeks.

Right now all I have are a couple ugly showgirl roosters. (naked necks make them rather odd-looking). I'm also overwhelmed by a larger than expected turkey hatch.

If anyone in or near DuPage County is looking for French Black Marans, I was contacted via 4-H that 3, 10 wk old cockerels are in need of a home.
Thanks for the quick reply. I just today got a call that my ordered roo is in. I ordered him in March and was beginning to think it wasn't going to happen. But thanks again!

If you haven't found on in about 6 weeks, let me know. I have some eggs in the incubator. There's bound to be a male in need of a home. @homeschoolin momma also may have some in the upcoming weeks.

Right now all I have are a couple ugly showgirl roosters. (naked necks make them rather odd-looking). I'm also overwhelmed by a larger than expected turkey hatch.

If anyone in or near DuPage County is looking for French Black Marans, I was contacted via 4-H that 3, 10 wk old cockerels are in need of a home.
Maybe you know, can I put the baby roo in with the 6 week old pullets?

This adjective should NEVER be used with chickens :old :gig
Well you may be right. Hideous may be a better adjective.
E91F77D5-C84D-4BB1-823C-375D6933747F.jpeg
ABCBD7D1-ADAF-4300-9300-DCFB8AB1B71D.jpeg
FFFEC1BC-A67F-4200-94AE-EB4BBC8EB476.jpeg
39DC60CC-84AF-40AA-8BB1-3641C8D639F9.jpeg

Last edited:
Just :love those NN chickens. Also like the Ayam Cemani. When I get my coop expanded,,, (whenever that will happen:old) I will be in market for a NN hen., and a AC hen also. A Swart Hona would do just fine. I think they are slightly smaller in size,,, so that be a benefit for my flock.
I still want an Icelandic Hen,, I know @NotAFarm did offer one a while ago. But I needed/wanted in pairs. :highfive: Its about a 200 mile round trip journey for me.:(
Gosh,,,,,,,,,,,,,, there are so many chickens in my desired dreams:frow:gig

Just :love those NN chickens. Also like the Ayam Cemani. When I get my coop expanded,,, (whenever that will happen:old) I will be in market for a NN hen., and a AC hen also. A Swart Hona would do just fine. I think they are slightly smaller in size,,, so that be a benefit for my flock.
I still want an Icelandic Hen,, I know @NotAFarm did offer one a while ago. But I needed/wanted in pairs. :highfive: Its about a 200 mile round trip journey for me.:(
No Icelandics here any more. 😔
Check with David Grote at Whippoorwill Farm, WI.

Well the gray boy is moving in with @homeschoolin momma. The frizzle will stay here temporarily to continue breeding with our silkie hen. Hoping for some Showgirl chicks with silkied or frizzle feathers. **** If anyone wants to offer him a home in about a month, let me know. Although ugly, I’d prefer they don’t end up as dinner They are 6 mo old now

Back
Top Bottom