Illinois...

No Icelandics here any more. 😔
Check with David Grote at Whippoorwill Farm, WI.
I went to his site.... he mainly wants to sell me some paintings,,,, which I have no need of. I navigated his site some more,, found that he will sell me chicks for $108..00 each... Guess those are not the chickens for me. :idunno

I went to his site.... he mainly wants to sell me some paintings,,,, which I have no need of. I navigated his site some more,, found that he will sell me chicks for $108..00 each... Guess those are not the chickens for me. :idunno
I wonder if Garfield farm is having their rare breeds show this year? There was somebody with icelandics at the last show I went to.

Prom season.
Made some "masquerade" accessories with dyed chicken feathers.
The rhinestone jewelry was from my own prom .... which of course I borrowed from my mother.

IMG_7318 (2).JPG
IMG_7366.JPG

**** BTW- Food coloring is the best for dyed feathers. To get just the right shade, I actually bought "royal blue" from Wilton.

I took pics of our drag queen turkey today. I swore this was a female up until Feb/March when we started hearing gobbles. And since then the physical transformation has been astounding. These pics from a high angle don't do justice to the size of this tom. He's quite impressive (at least IMO).

20230509_150318.jpg
20230509_150330.jpg

I would put this in the garden thread, but there are people from all over there and this is a local offer just.
I have a few extra tomato plants ('super sauce' I believe) and pepper plants ('costa rican' and 'candy apple' I believe) FREE to anybody who wants them. They were started from seed in February and March, and are ready to go straight into the garden. My beds are just full already. I'm near downtown Plainfield.

Planning new shed/coop build. Looking to build something like a shed with a covered porch, but have tge overhang extended to be a covered patio/carport in size. Thinking the shed will be 10'x14' and the overhang will be 8'x14' in front of it. I'll enclose the covered ars in the front with hardware cloth and some simple framing to create a run. Tge shed will be divided inside, one side will be a 10'x7' coop and the other side will be a 10'x7' storage shed. Both sides will have a front entrance into the covered run and three storage side will have a second entrance on the side into the garden.

Hello Illinois chickie friends
I’m from mchenry county area!
Just wanted to say hello I didn’t know there was a state thread 😁🙋🏻‍♀️
Welcome @Ittybittyschmidtie ! :frow

I’m in Lee County and pass through McHenry County on my way to our daughter’s house in Antioch.
What kind of flock do you have?

Back
Top Bottom