Illinois...

I'm looking for a nice Speckled Sussex Cockeral if anyone has any available within driving distance, I would also be interested in some SS pullet chicks.
smile.png
Sandy
Please Pm me if you have any.

Last edited:
In an unrelated question, does anybody know a good chicken doc around Kankakee area? It occurs to me I should probably have a name and phone number before I need it.

Quote:
Unfortunately, many vets don't learn alot about poultry (unless they have their own interest in them) because most people aren't willing to spend the money the vet would charge to treat them. Post here on the "Emergencies/Diseases/Injuries and Cures" Forum for help, get a good book. I have "The Chicken Health Handbook" by Gail Damerow. Find a "chicken mentor" near you who has some experience with their own "doctoring" to give you some practical advice.

..........and
welcome-byc.gif
and the Illinois thread!!!

Quote:
Unfortunately, many vets don't learn alot about poultry (unless they have their own interest in them) because most people aren't willing to spend the money the vet would charge to treat them. Post here on the "Emergencies/Diseases/Injuries and Cures" Forum for help, get a good book. I have "The Chicken Health Handbook" by Gail Damerow. Find a "chicken mentor" near you who has some experience with their own "doctoring" to give you some practical advice.

..........and
welcome-byc.gif
and the Illinois thread!!!

Also you could call this guy http://www.firststatevetsupply.com/ I never have but I have heard great things about him

Last edited:
I am in Northern Illinois near the Wisc. Border and 15 mins from Lake Michigan to my east.
I once called around for a vet...basically the woman who answered the phone laughed when I asked if they treat chickens! Good luck finding one!
Happy New Year to all!

Back
Top Bottom