Illinois...

Discussion in 'Where am I? Where are you!' started by mothergoose, Jan 13, 2007.

1. RedheadErin

RedheadErin Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 30, 2011
    Hey Paradise, I just noticed you are from Joliet. My hubs grew up there and I grew up in Plainfield. If you ever used old Doc Ingmire for your horses, his assistant used to be my 4-H leader! What a small world...!

My neighbors have those horrible light sin their back yards, and my bedroom is at the back of the house, facing those awful lights.

2. MullersLaneFarm

MullersLaneFarm Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 26, 2008
    NW IL Fiber Enabler
    Quote:Where abouts in Lee Co?? We're in the south east corner of Whiteside County ... between Rock Falls and Tampico! I'd love to get together with you! Every June (the weekend after Father's Day) we have a "Homesteading Weekend". I'd love it if you and your family would come! Heck, we have over 6 months before then for you to come visit.

I've been in this area since '94. We lived on 1/2 acre in a subdivision outside Rock Falls until later winter 2002 when we bought the farm. Even at the subdivision, we had veg/herb gardens, apple trees & grape vines and chickens. Now that we have 11 acres (plus 2 we rent on the barter system), we are more diversified.

I would love to get to know you better since you are so close.

I'm on disability so I don't have a lot of extra cash to travel. PM me!

Last edited: Dec 28, 2011
  3. NotAFarm

NotAFarm Embracing the New! Premium Member

Nov 5, 2009
    Illinois
    Hi Cyndi, I would love to come over and get to know you.....but, we have actually met before, at the Sterling Farmers Market, but that was quite some time ago. I live between Amboy and Sublette in the Southeast corner of Lee County and my friend, and neighbor, Jan Williams, took a fiber spinning class with you. Perhaps, we can both pay you a visit this winter before things get too busy for any of us!

4. ParadiseFoundFarm

ParadiseFoundFarm Goddess of Good Things

Jul 6, 2010
    Joliet, IL
    Quote:We do B I G Bonfires as some on this site can attest. We're always looking for more people to come and share. the great thing about bonfires is no matter how many people you have, the conversation can always be kept up by asking their opinion of the fire. If you have 10 people you will have 11 opinions.

Come spring we will be doing them again. Everybody: Send out a shout if you're in the area and we can do one!

5. MullersLaneFarm

MullersLaneFarm Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 26, 2008
    NW IL Fiber Enabler
    Quote:That would be great!!

6. mjlabs

mjlabs Out Of The Brooder

Dec 30, 2011
    West Central Illinois
    West Central Illinois....Colusa to be exact. bet no ones heard of it!

7. StevenW.

StevenW. Lovin' My Quackers!

Oct 7, 2010
    Central, Illinois
    Quote:Welcome! Nope, never heard of that town before..

I hope noone blew away today! Its Windy and Cold out there!

8. ericwaddle3

ericwaddle3 Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 6, 2011
    Southern Illinois, just out side of Harrisburg.

9. EweSheep

EweSheep Flock Mistress

Jan 12, 2007
    Land of Lincoln
    COLD and windy, that's right!

10. GHJL4689

GHJL4689 New Egg

Jan 2, 2012
    Rockton IL here,

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by