Illinois...

Hey Paradise, I just noticed you are from Joliet. My hubs grew up there and I grew up in Plainfield. If you ever used old Doc Ingmire for your horses, his assistant used to be my 4-H leader! What a small world...!

My neighbors have those horrible light sin their back yards, and my bedroom is at the back of the house, facing those awful lights.

Quote:
Where abouts in Lee Co?? We're in the south east corner of Whiteside County ... between Rock Falls and Tampico! I'd love to get together with you! Every June (the weekend after Father's Day) we have a "Homesteading Weekend". I'd love it if you and your family would come! Heck, we have over 6 months before then for you to come visit.

I've been in this area since '94. We lived on 1/2 acre in a subdivision outside Rock Falls until later winter 2002 when we bought the farm. Even at the subdivision, we had veg/herb gardens, apple trees & grape vines and chickens. Now that we have 11 acres (plus 2 we rent on the barter system), we are more diversified.

I would love to get to know you better since you are so close.

I'm on disability so I don't have a lot of extra cash to travel. PM me!

Last edited:
Hi Cyndi, I would love to come over and get to know you.....but, we have actually met before, at the Sterling Farmers Market, but that was quite some time ago. I live between Amboy and Sublette in the Southeast corner of Lee County and my friend, and neighbor, Jan Williams, took a fiber spinning class with you. Perhaps, we can both pay you a visit this winter before things get too busy for any of us!

Quote:
We do B I G Bonfires as some on this site can attest. We're always looking for more people to come and share. the great thing about bonfires is no matter how many people you have, the conversation can always be kept up by asking their opinion of the fire. If you have 10 people you will have 11 opinions.

Come spring we will be doing them again. Everybody: Send out a shout if you're in the area and we can do one!

Back
Top Bottom