Illinois...

Hello Pault76,
Ducks I have: Pekin, ancona, runner, call, mallard, rouen, blue swedish, and wood ducks.
Chickens: easter egg, australorp, partridge cochin, partridge rock, production reds, butter cups, red caps, silver lace wayndottes and silkies.
I am just getting started, the only chickens laying right now are my easter eggs. I am fixing my duck pens so that I can separate them. I want to start hatching out pure breeds. What ever ducks hatch out right now are mixed and I just call them meet birds. The wood ducks and call ducks are the only ones in their own pins but I cant seem to get them to lay any eggs yet.
I am looking for a showgirl rooster and maybe looking for some geese.
What do you have?

I've got buff orpingtons, cochins, silkies, assorted bannies and 10 cornish x meat birds. I have to get to building more pens and coops. Everything I have is small except a pair of silkies and 2 pair of Bannies.

I also have a couple doz silkies that just went into my incubator and 15 more assorted eggs gonna hatch Tuesday.
If you ever get any xtra wood duck eggs either my mother in law of myself would be interested. She's been hatching rouens for about 2 months. lol

I do have 5 or 6 bannie roosters i'm looking to trade or sell. My poor old bannie hen sit on 7 eggs on her last hatch and 6 were roosters. lol

Pault76, Did you know that there are a few chicken swaps in the area? One is the first Saturday every month in anna over at the feed store next to the old bunny bread. The other one is the third saturday of every month at Leady's feed store at the corner of 127 and old13 in Murphysboro. I think there is one in Goreville the first saturday of ever month, but I am not sure on that one. I would love to find more chicken swaps. I can't wait till I get more little ones so I can sell them at the swaps. If I don't it is no big deal it will just be more meat for my freezer:~)
We are doing a lot of construction on our chicken barn too, so we can make room for all we have.

Pault76, Did you know that there are a few chicken swaps in the area? One is the first Saturday every month in anna over at the feed store next to the old bunny bread. The other one is the third saturday of every month at Leady's feed store at the corner of 127 and old13 in Murphysboro. I think there is one in Goreville the first saturday of ever month, but I am not sure on that one. I would love to find more chicken swaps.

There is a swap in Fruitland,mo tommorow morning. I've been to Anna and am gonna try and make Leadys next week.

Speaking of swaps.........anyone here going to the Freeport Swap on the 28th?

I plan on attending. I'm looking for a few things in particular. If anyone here in IL has any of these , let me know. I can travel to pick or meet at the swap. I live in Freeport.

Seramas
Old English Game Bantams
Japanese Bantams
Sulkies (bantams)
Blue Copper Marans
Black Copper Marans
Splash Marans
Seabright Bantams

Would love some SQ birds. :)

Thanks!

Back
Top Bottom