Illinois...

Try contacting whoever the show secretary is, or the club that is hosting it. From what I've heard, all vary as to if and when a tester will be available.

trivoli illinois here. i have 5 month old buff orphingtons (i think i spelled that right), 2 6 week old ones (that were given to me) and 6 full size hen buffs, 1 black one (i think it is one of those rock ones) and a rooster.

motherofmolly,
welcome-byc.gif
and to the Illinois thread!!
And since you mentioned it.........it is Orpingtons.....no h
Does your black hen have reddish gold feathers on her neck? She could be a black sex-link, sometimes called a black star.
With a rooster and Orpingtons, your flock could be increasing.......
jumpy.gif
They are know to be good moms!

I'm in the north centeral part of Illinois. Heck Illinois is so big and TALL it is hard to actually say where I am. I am in the northern part of Il, in the centeral part of that.....but at the south end of the north part. (so still south/west of you)LOL

I'm in the north centeral part of Illinois. Heck Illinois is so big and TALL it is hard to actually say where I am. I am in the northern part of Il, in the centeral part of that.....but at the south end of the north part. (so still south/west of you)LOL
The line of North/ South is ever changing...

i grew up straight east of St. Louis-- Southern IL to us was I 70.

I went to JuCo on the east side at Lakeland-- the southern IL line was anything south of Springfield.

I then went to the U at Western in Macomb. The Southern IL line for them was south of I-80.

I have friends up north in Chicago land-- and Southern IL to them is south of I-88.

It always cracks me up when I hear "downstate Dixon, IL"....Dixon is straight west of Chicago....that is NOT downstate!! I guess they don't have a term for "westernstate" or "middlestate" so everything is downstate that is not Chicagoland!
smack.gif

I'm West of I-39, between I-88 and I-80. I call it North Central Illinois......you know how in the giant crayola box you had a red-violet that was more red but had violet and a violet-red that was more violet but had red?..........well, II'm more north but central!
lau.gif
You might not get it.....but it makes perfect sense to me!
lau.gif

Okay, I just re-read that and realized you have to be of a certain generation
old.gif
to have had a red-violet crayon intead of tutti-fruiti or some other named crayon that was "more appealing" than plain ole red-violet........but I wasn't drawing on a stone with charcoal..........I did have crayons.........

Back
Top Bottom