**Im a little offended!**

Quote:
Maybe you meant this as a lighthearted comment, but I have a sister who will not eat eggs unless she gets them scrambled at McDonalds or already made on a large scale breakfast bar like you have at Shoney's Restaurant.

McDonalds and most of the large scale, already made breakfast bars serve POWDERED EGGS.

And that is all she will eat. Powdered eggs. She will not eat real eggs -- not scrambled, not fried, not boiled, not poached, not even in an omelet....

She doesn't like the thought of the egg coming through the same vent that chicken poo comes out of...

My mom told me to not give her any more eggs because she doesn't like knowing where they come from. I sometimes wonder where I came from.

I have quite the opposite problem, but still offensive!

People who know I have hens want the eggs but some
make out like they are doing me a favour by taking them -
it goes like this:
(Me)"Do you want some fresh eggs laid this morning?" -
(Them, with sad face)"well, okay, if that's what you want"
and one old-lady demanded to buy some eggs (I don't sell) £1 for half-dozen
and said she wanted a dozen, "large, mind, and preferably ones
with double yolks in" and then gave me £1 for the dozen! While
she handed the money over she told me how much cheaper she
could get them at the market (she can't, eggs cost £1.50 for 6 in
the market).

I give my eggs to 4 low-income families who are genuinely glad to
have them and I have the rest. ;-)

Good idea Kevinhannah... no sense in giving to an ungrateful person. My eggs went to elders before I had enough to sell... now the girls are paying for all food and supplies. I still love giving to others though. My new sil has some maturing to do... his comment is "oh no thanks, we can afford to buy them in the store" I think because I give alot of extra garden stuff to the food bank and extra eggs to elders... he would feel it's a hand out. please
roll.png

I have been called an egg snob. My friend's neighbor raises 100 chickens in his barn and 3 large chicken runs. I would buy eggs from the neighbor because his eggs taste better than the store bought ones. Well my friend decided to raise a dozen chickens and she lets them free range on half an acre. After I tasted her free range eggs, I kept bugging her to stockpile her eggs to sell to me. I will still buy from the neighbor but only if my friend doesn't have eggs to sell. So yes, I am an egg snob.
lol.png

Quote:
When my sister was coming to visit and told me flat out she wouldn't eat any meat that she knew was raised by someone, my husband suggested that we put little nametags on the meals so she would know the name of the critter we were eating.
lau.gif
gig.gif

No, we didn't do that.

Back
Top Bottom