I'm a mess...

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by FrizzleFreak, Jun 28, 2010.

1. FrizzleFreak

FrizzleFreak Chillin' With My Peeps

So I came in from outside awhile ago and sat down at the computer, and then I actually looked at myself in the mirror. My hair decided to be curly and is now flying every which direction and it has leaves and twigs in it, my fingernails are filthy, my arms have an unknown chicken-related substance on them, my toes are covered with mud...oh, and i just realized that I have sheep blood on my leg. Excellent. I'm going to go take a REALLY long shower now.

2. theoldchick

theoldchick The Chicken Whisperer

May 11, 2010
    Thank you for sharing. We appreciate you taking a bath.

3. chickenpea

chickenpea Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 18, 2007
    southern md
    OMG! I have a twin?!?!

4. Imp

Imp All things share the same breath- Chief Seattle

Last edited: Jun 28, 2010
  5. FrizzleFreak

FrizzleFreak Chillin' With My Peeps

[​IMG]
    I knew y'all on BYC would appreciate it!
    But, I put in a hard day's work and a lot got done, so it's all good!

6. JetBlack

JetBlack Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 19, 2010
    Coeur d'Alene, ID
    That's the great thing about working hard. A good shower sorts you right out and then you sleep like a baby. Unlike, f'rinstance, a politician. There are some stains you cannot wash off. Also, with actual work, at the end of the day you can say "See what I did? I did that over there and all that and those things there."

Again, unlike politicians.

7. SallyF

SallyF Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 5, 2009
    Middle Tennessee
    JetBlack, you are so right. After you've been all hot, sweaty, dirty and tired from working so hard, that shower feels so good and then crawling into those clean sheets and going to bed happy about having accomplished something is just the best feeling in the world. Think I'll do that right now... it's been a long hot day!

8. pbjmaker

pbjmaker Overrun With Chickens

May 9, 2008
    Central Iowa
    Quote:Are you having problems with politicians? Did one or many make you upset recently? [​IMG]

9. JetBlack

JetBlack Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 19, 2010
    Coeur d'Alene, ID
    Don't get me started. Just thinking about them makes me want to take a shower.

Doing actual, physical work is so great. I love looking at the fruits of my labor. There's something in the corner that wasn't there, that morning. The lawn is mowed, the garden is watered, the chickens are doing their thing. The weeds are pulled and Round-up'ed. The hoses are put away and the car is washed.

Those are the nights when I get out of the shower, stand in front of a fan, to get cold, then get in bed and sleep for 10 guilt-free hours. I wake up, when the cat starts telling *me* "You are sleeping too much!"

10. The Chicken People

The Chicken People Chillin' With My Peeps

May 4, 2009
    Smithville, Mo
    I agree with JetBlack! We accomplished alot on Sunday and worked in the yard from 7 am to 6 pm! Then we laid in an 18 inch family pool to relax! I bet we look funny to the neighbors but not everyone gets to have a hot tub on their deck! lOL! Maybe someday!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by