Im a new mommy and its prob nothing but....

Update::: he is up on his feet and walking 'normal'. Im still getting that yeast stuff in morning, i hope they have it. Is it the same as the sav a chick i keep seeing in the posts?

We just had bath/play time and i fell in lov all over again lol.. Laid my hand in water and 2 came right to it and nibbled the crap outta me, was hilarious. My lil peking duckling is very very bold, do you think it might be a he?? None of them like when the water 'goes away'.

Update::: he is up on his feet and walking 'normal'. Im still getting that yeast stuff in morning, i hope they have it. Is it the same as the sav a chick i keep seeing in the posts?

We just had bath/play time and i fell in lov all over again lol.. Laid my hand in water and 2 came right to it and nibbled the crap outta me, was hilarious. My lil peking duckling is very very bold, do you think it might be a he?? None of them like when the water 'goes away'.

Yay! What's his name, does he have one?
They sound adorable
tongue.png

I'm not sure if the Pekin's a boy or a girl, because Pekins are naturally very curious. As they grow, you will notice the sounds they make are no longer peeps. Girls quack, boys make more of a raspy sound. Plus, most boys get a little curled feather at the tip of their tail.

Pekins grow very, very fast. They grow up to be twice the size of most other ducks lol. Make sure your little Pekin is getting lots of excercize: Lots of swim-time, lots of run-around-like-a-hooligan time. If it's warm enough, take them all outside. This stuff will benefit the other ducks too. Sometime Pekins' legs aren't as strong as they should be, because of lack of exercise. So keep the food and water bowls away from each other, so that your Pekin doesn't just sit in between the food and water bowls, and drink and eat all day. Yours may not do that, but there have been some very greedy Pekins!

P.S. As mentioned before, your ducklings are Adorable.

They def need the go with Brewers yeast or Nutritional yeast but make sure the brewers yeast isn't what they use for making wine. It's good he is up walking but you'll notice a big difference once you start them on the supplement. I know some give Save a chick not sure the niacin content in it. read before you buy there needs to be at least 150mgs of niacin.

That is so sweet and swim time is very important for fun and building strong muscles in their legs. But make sure the water is warm they can chill easily at this age when they have nothing but down.

Don't over due on the running though in other words don't take them outside and have them chase you all over. They can also hurt their legs. Just let them play at their own speed. Swim time is best exercise time.
Have fun and keep us updated on them and lots of pics too.

Yay! What's his name, does he have one?
They sound adorable :p
I'm not sure if the Pekin's a boy or a girl, because Pekins are naturally very curious. As they grow, you will notice the sounds they make are no longer peeps. Girls quack, boys make more of a raspy sound. Plus, most boys get a little curled feather at the tip of their tail.

Pekins grow very, very fast. They grow up to be twice the size of most other ducks lol. Make sure your little Pekin is getting lots of excercize: Lots of swim-time, lots of run-around-like-a-hooligan time. If it's warm enough, take them all outside. This stuff will benefit the other ducks too. Sometime Pekins' legs aren't as strong as they should be, because of lack of exercise. So keep the food and water bowls away from each other, so that your Pekin doesn't just sit in between the food and water bowls, and drink and eat all day. Yours may not do that, but there have been some very greedy Pekins!

P.S. As mentioned before, your ducklings are Adorable.

No he dont have a name yet, but one will come to me so for right now hes just called bubby. The big roan is named big pimpin.(My daughters duck) and the peking is quackers ( my moms) but you dont have to guess who takes care of em 24/7 lol. The others are just bubbys as well, takes me awhile to name my critters bc i watch and see what they do/act. I also have 4 pitbulls named Queen Akasha, Prince Lestat, Mystified, and Jasper. 6 cats...Tigress, Chaos, Sambo, Angel, Ruff boi, and Fero. 8 chickens (not all named) but theres biddy bi tch, black betty, snow, ivory and phoenix so far and 2 roos ebony and cordon blue.. (dont ask)..

Its been cold for us lately so i havent taken them outside yet, but they get lots of swim time.. Complete with warm water and heated room.

As for the food n water bowls...thank you bc i put them rite next to each other bc i use dry feed and then need water to swallow, yea you see what i was thinking... So ok ill move further apart. Right now i have 1 food dish and 2 water, a bowl and a jar waterer. Ive been noticing the lil peking is ALWAYS in the bowl lol.

Thank you, its my first ones and im a very nervous mommy...

Last edited:
They def need the go with Brewers yeast or Nutritional yeast but make sure the brewers yeast isn't what they use for making wine.  It's good he is up walking but you'll notice a big difference once you start them on the  supplement. I know some give Save a chick not sure the niacin content in it. read before you buy there needs to be at least 150mgs of niacin. 

That is so sweet and swim time is very important for fun and building strong muscles in their legs.  But make sure the water is warm they can chill easily at this age when they have nothing but down.

Don't over due on the running though in other words don't take them outside and have them chase you all over. They can also hurt their legs. Just let them play at their own speed.  Swim time is best exercise time.
Have fun and keep us updated on them and lots of pics too. 

Ok ill check the ingreds... And ill try to find the brewers as well. Thank you so much for the help.

Back
Top Bottom