Im addicted to my chickens. I built a PCV chicken tractor today.

We built

"Honeymoon cabin" we recently built...holds 2 hens and one rooster so I guess I should change the name to something more risque.

Gail

PVC Chicken tractor. 7 PVC Pipes 3/4 in wide by 10 ft long. (6 pipes cut in half) (I learned later that I should of cut them in half then taken 2 inches off each one so that the 25 ft of poultry fencing would go all the way around. I had to make a door area where it didn't reach all the way around) This will give you enough pipe to make a framed lid and the framed top and bottom. I then had the last pipe cut into 4 equal pieces 2.5 ft each. That gives me the height. As you can see in one of the photos I covered half the lid with poultry fencing the other half is getting a green tarp that is fitted snug and tied on with 550 cord. I used zip ties to put the poultry fencing on then later wrapped 550 cord through the holes and around the pipe to secure it better. I do not have a photo of that yet. I used the 3 way and the threaded pieces of pipe fittings to make the corners of the run and the 90 degree ones to make the corners of the lid. I am not quite finished with it. I am still putting 550 Cord around it and have to put the tarp on. I used 25ft by 3 ft plastic poultry fencing. The whole thing cost me about 40.00 and it went together fast except for adding the 550 cord.

Back
Top Bottom