i'm afraid my eggs won't hatch, help me calm down a bit :D

Yes, the dip is a good sign. It means the air cell is drawing down so the chick can pip into it. Then from that stage it's still around 24 hours until they start externally pipping, and it could be 24 hours (I've had some go longer) until they start unzipping and hatching. The humidity should go up once they start hatching so you should be good. It's going to be a looong weekend for you. It's so hard not to just sit there staring at them willing 'something' to happen. :lol:

Yes, the dip is a good sign. It means the air cell is drawing down so the chick can pip into it. Then from that stage it's still around 24 hours until they start externally pipping, and it could be 24 hours (I've had some go longer) until they start unzipping and hatching. The humidity should go up once they start hatching so you should be good. It's going to be a looong weekend for you. It's so hard not to just sit there staring at them willing 'something' to happen. :lol:

ahaha yeah it will :D, i managed to get the humidity up to 60%, and in the process i candled the others i hadn't candled, most of them have the dip, while some still seem alive, but don't have one, i'm guessing those are gonna hatch a bit late? :D

HUGE STATUS UPDATE: my grandpa came to visit and i was showing him the eggs while i was adding some more water into the bator (humidity was getting <50%) and to my surprise, i saw an external pip on one of them!!! omg i'm so excited :D
:woot:ya

hmm, the only egg that pipped doesn't seem to have done any progress in the past 4 hours :( and i can't hear any sound coming from the eggs as well :(

They will rest at this point, absorb the remains of their yolk and catch their breath so don't give up hope just yet. It can be 24 hours or more from that external pip before they start unzipping. Sometimes they will peep if you talk right to the egg (hold it by your mouth) but I've had one I didn't have much hope for - was taking much longer than usual, never made a sound, but it hatched out in its own good time. Its best to leave them in the incubator unless you are really concerned and you won't hear them if they are in the incubator (until they hatch at least).

It's possibly waiting for the others to be ready as quail like to hatch en mass as they don't have a lot of yolk to keep them going so they do need to start eating sooner than a larger chicken chick, meaning the parents move off the nest reasonably quickly to find their new brood food. So they must hatch around the same time or be left behind.

Between that pip and the unzipping is absolute torture! Try to distract yourself.

:fl

They will rest at this point, absorb the remains of their yolk and catch their breath so don't give up hope just yet. It can be 24 hours or more from that external pip before they start unzipping. Sometimes they will peep if you talk right to the egg (hold it by your mouth) but I've had one I didn't have much hope for - was taking much longer than usual, never made a sound, but it hatched out in its own good time. Its best to leave them in the incubator unless you are really concerned and you won't hear them if they are in the incubator (until they hatch at least).

It's possibly waiting for the others to be ready as quail like to hatch en mass as they don't have a lot of yolk to keep them going so they do need to start eating sooner than a larger chicken chick, meaning the parents move off the nest reasonably quickly to find their new brood food. So they must hatch around the same time or be left behind.

Between that pip and the unzipping is absolute torture! Try to distract yourself.

:fl
wew, i hope that at least one hatches, i'm not opening the bator if not to add water, and waiting :D :fl

Back
Top Bottom